Date Posted: 9/7/2021 7:15:06 AM
Location: Columbia, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $100,000 - $150,000
Orion Talent, a customer-centric company focused on helping people discover meaningful careers and businesses grow by finding, delivering, and engaging the best talent around the world, is currently recruiting for Software Project Manager positions with an engineering and security technology applications company focused on designing and building the most innovative, reliable, and enduring security products and services in the industry.
Location: Columbia, MD
As a Software Project Manager, your responsibilities will include:
• Manage the development life cycle for software products to include coordinating requirements, development, delivery, quality assurance, and release of software products.
• Work closely with engineering leads to manage the software development lifecycle with engineering team.
• Create and maintain a Software Development Schedule for a complex product in partnership with engineering managers, technical leads, product managers, and stakeholders.
• Continuously track, organize, and prioritize product improvements, feature requests, and defects relative to ongoing feature development.
• Communicate development project status, key developments, updates, and schedules to team members (both technical and non-technical).
• Work with development team members to estimate project workloads, define timelines, coordinate activities, and assess risks.
• Candidates must be a legal U.S. citizen and possess the ability to obtain Secret and/or Top-Secret security clearance.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline preferred.
• Technical knowledge of complex software systems, including enterprise, middleware, firmware, and embedded systems.
• Minimum of five (5) years of Project Management experience in software development, preferably for defense or government projects.
• Minimum of five (5) years of technical software leadership experience including Quality Assurance task management.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing software products road maps and long-term planning.
• Experience working with product managers, software developers, and quality assurance testers to manage software development projects.
• Experience managing software development projects integrating with complex hardware components a plus.
• Experience with and a strong understanding of agile, waterfall, and other software development methodologies with the ability to use knowledge to manage diverse development groups.
• Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to listen carefully and communicate effectively within a diverse environment.
• Self-starter and proven team player with strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire others.
• Ability to productively manage a diverse group of engineering talents to coordinate combined efforts across multiple integrated products.