Date Posted: 6/20/2022 2:58:23 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $150,000 - $165,000
Position: Project Manager
Location: Brooklyn, NY
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, MEP Engineering or Architecture a plus.
• 5-10 years of experience in project management related to project development and construction.
• NYCHA experience. NYCHA/ Tenant in place renovation experience a plus.
• NYC affordable housing experience a plus.
• NYC high-rise/ residential/ mixed use experience a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of construction trades and respective union, nonunion and prevailing wage classifications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel Project and Word) Prolog/Procure.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to have strong interpersonal skills to support leadership, management, negotiation and problem-solving functions of this role.
• Knowledge of organizational and management practices related to the analysis and evaluation of construction projects, project programs, policies, and operational needs.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and control.
• Ability to safely navigate a construction site which will include the following: climbing ladders and stairs, use of job hoists, inclement weather conditions, hazardous/cluttered and dark areas
• Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project
• Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
• Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modified schedules or plans as required.
• Prepare project reports for management, client, or others.
• Coordinate project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
• Establish and assist Project Executive with construction budgets and schedules.
• Coordinate with other company team members.
• Establish cross-functional communication between one or more of the following:
• Architect, Site Engineer and Subcontractors, Environmental Geotechnical Engineer and Site Safety Manager.
• Communicate with development team deliverable expectations and oversee the timely completion of milestones.
• Coordinate construction permitting including inspections and Certificates of Occupancy.
• Attend Contractor Shop-Drawing coordination meetings and weekly or biweekly meetings at construction site and/or design office.
• Review construction documents, write construction trades Scopes of Work and prepare bid comparison analysis.
• Track construction costs versus budget.
• Review contractors’ monthly requisitions to align with project budget and percentage of work in place.
• Review subcontractor change orders for validity and accuracy.