Date Posted: 7/31/2020 3:58:45 PM
Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $25 - $28
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Production Technician positions with a company whose focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation, and gene therapies with world class cGMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines.
As a Production Technician, you will execute Development and Production processes as well as the accompanying documentation. Responsibilities will include:
• Execute Development and Production processes as well as process documentation.
• Understand processing principles and scientific theory behind operations steps.
• Demonstrate proficiency at the advanced skill level.
• Troubleshoot equipment/processes.
• Leading shift when needed.
• Author and route SOPs for approval.
• Assist in the execution of validation protocols.
• Initiate deviations as needed.
• Independently execute cGMP biotechnology production processes, training, and directing lesser skilled employees to execute production process steps.
• Assist with lean continuous improvement projects.
• Lead others in application of cGMPs for manufacturing documentation, facilities, and equipment in a biotechnology environment.
• Demonstrate a commitment and lead others to maintain high standards of quality, cleanliness, and organization within the manufacturing environment.
• Record (accurately, clearly, and consistently) information, facts, and measurements that are required by cGMP and/or by co-workers in order to perform assignment.
• Identify and escalate operational or equipment issues.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Shift: 24-7 Operations with Rotating Shifts (if you are days, you stay on days and same with nights)
• 2-3-2 type schedule
• 7am – 7pm OR 7pm – 7am
• Shift differential for nights (up to $2-2.50/hr!)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision; Wellness Incentive Program; FSA/HSA; Life Insurance; 401k match (up to 9%); Total wellbeing programs.
• Nuclear Trained Technicians--MM, EM, ET preferred. Company looking for skilled mechanics and electricians. Will consider strong electronic technicians/fire control technicians as well.
• Bioworks certificate or at least 1-year experience; or a skilled military technician with Mechanical or Electrician troubleshooting experience.
• Production Technician level determined by a combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to wear a respirator.
• Knowledge of applicable standards (SOP, WI, Batch Records) cGMP Requirements, and Related Safety Guidelines.