Date Posted: 8/2/2022 11:52:55 AM
Location: Sacramento, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $120,000
Position Description: Area Construction Manager
The Construction Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the construction of homes in the assigned community(s) to ensure cost, schedule, and quality standards are met. Manages all construction activities for assigned homes, assists in the scheduling of homes, supervises trade partner's work, maintains the overall community job sites for safety and appearance, and is responsible for the customer experience throughout the building process.
• Oversee the scheduling and supervision of daily trade partner activities and
• evaluates the quality and efficiency of their work.
• Reviews and requests modifications to construction drawings when construction conflicts arise.
• Evaluates project schedules and will update and determine appropriate
• modifications to project schedule and resources to reflect the project's needs as they arise to ensure timely completion
• Takes affirmative action to make sure each home is complete on schedule &
• ensures all contract obligations & safety protocols are satisfied. Stops any work that is not satisfactory or noncompliant with plans, specifications, or application code.
• Manage the customer experience throughout the entire construction process, including regular communications to keep them informed of progress and taking action and negotiating solutions to address any concerns.
• Interact with Community Sales personnel to manage community performance and customer activities.
• Complete daily inspections to ensure job sites adhere to state, federal, and company safety, and SWPPP standards. Take immediate action, including adjusting the construction process or shutting down work if necessary, to achieve a safe working environment and comply with requirements.
• Negotiate, create, and authorize field purchase orders for materials and labor resources as needed.
• Inspect and determine whether trade partner workmanship and product quality are completed on time and within the defined scope of work. Authorize payment to trade partner when all standards are met.
• Collaborate with the Product Development, Process Improvement, Resource
• Planning and Purchasing teams to address areas of improvement on plan quality, schedule adherence, and budgetary challenges.
• Evaluate work of trade partners to ensure work complies with local, state, and federal building code requirements and company standards of workmanship.
• Participates in trade partner recruiting and vetting.
Requirements: Ideal candidates for these roles will have the highest level of integrity, customer service skills and leadership/management experience, ideally within the construction realm (homebuilding, military, etc). Candidates must possess a high level of interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly, and a willingness to learn. They should also show a strong dedication to customer service and possess strong leadership skills as they will be managing subcontractors and trade partners in the field.
Locations: Sacramento, CA and Vacaville, CA
Schedule: Monday-Friday; 40 hrs/week with an occasional Saturday event
Salary: Target base salary ~$80K – 95K for non-industry-experienced candidates; up to $120K for candidates with homebuilding experience
Keys to a Successful Interview: Company is an industry leader in homebuilding. They are in search of someone that is competent, personable, and articulate. Much of this role will be client facing and they need to be able to communicate clearly and effectively. Candidates should demonstrate a willingness to learn and adopt the culture as they pride themselves on their integrity and professionalism.