Date Posted: 9/7/2021 7:26:52 AM
Location: Columbia, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $50,000 - $100,000
Orion Talent, a customer-centric company focused on helping people discover meaningful careers and businesses grow by finding, delivering, and engaging the best talent around the world, is currently recruiting for Systems Support Specialist positions with an engineering and security technology applications company focused on designing and building the most innovative, reliable, and enduring security products and services in the industry.
Location: Columbia, MD
Schedule: Off-hours (nights, weekends) maintenance work may be required, as well as off-hours support for customer-impacting issues, with little to no advanced notice.
As a Systems Support Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
• Support all aspects of IT within the company, including but not limited to: IT support, network infrastructure, software licenses, and audio-visual equipment.
• Plan and deliver customer support services across multiple platforms, including installations, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training.
• Provide responsive support for user needs and issues while conforming to configuration management practices and procedures, including evaluating the security and performance effects of a change prior to implementation.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on all escalated calls.
• Develop and administer desktop images to ensure consistency through the corporate environment.
• Responsible for the creation, maintenance, and deployment of software and security application packages used to distribute and/or update applications throughout the corporate desktops.
• Lead, plan, and/or complete a range of Information Technology projects.
• Ensure constant follow-up is established with team members until issue is resolved or request is completed.
• Ensure incident/problem escalation process is followed for incident/problem assignment to next level and/or other departments.
• Understand and implement security standards on servers and endpoints in accordance with federal regulations, including NIST SP 800-171 (CUI) and CMMC.
• Communicate effectively with staff about all IT activities, planned and unplanned outages, IT systems development (changes to existing IT products or processes), and communicate with management about IT project needs and how to implement IT strategies to meet expectations.
• Must be a legal U.S. citizen and possess the ability to obtain Secret and/or Top-Secret security clearance.
• Understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, VLANs, managed switches, and the OSI model.
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot macOS issues to provide macOS desktop support.
• Experience with Linux and Unix systems (command-line interface).
• Associate degree in Computer Science or Management Information System from an accredited college/university or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
• Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information System from an accredited college/university.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical support environment required.
• A+ and/or Network+ Certification.
• MCP or MCSA Certification preferred.
• Entry-level knowledge of server management and maintenance.