Date Posted: 10/13/2021 2:29:28 PM
Location: East Walpole, MA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $35 - $42
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Building Engineer positions with one of the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firms.
Location: East Walpole, MA
Shifts: All shifts (1,2, 3) are open. 1st= Regular day hours; 2nd= 12p to 8p; 3rd= 10p to 6am. All Monday to Friday
Benefits: Offering highly competitive salary and benefits.
As a Building Engineer, you will utilize advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment, and grounds. Working under limited supervision, you will monitor building system operations and performance. You will utilize several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating, and cooling. Responsibilities will include:
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
• Inspect building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client.
• Oversee and inspect the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
• Perform assigned repairs, emergency, and preventive maintenance. Complete maintenance and repair records as required.
• Review assigned work orders. Estimate time and materials needed to complete repair. necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
• Maintain an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.?
• Maintain the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements.?
• Perform welding, carpentry, furniture assembly, and locksmith tasks as needed.
• Respond quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned. ?
• Make decisions with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
You will be responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:?
• Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level.
• Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times.
• Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
• Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or trade school training.
• Universal CFC certification preferred.
• Additional certification in one or more of the following: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, process controls, mechanical power transmissions, painting, plumbing, carpentry, or engine repair.
• Certifications/licenses as may be required by local or state jurisdictions.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
• Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
• Basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Requires intermediate analytical skills.
• Ability to use personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS, and training.
• Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
• Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders, and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.?