Date Posted: 8/23/2023 1:06:39 PM
City, State: Tysons Corner, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $70,000 - $100,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Engineer positions with the leader in general contract & construction work for the planning, building and management of landmark buildings.
Location: HP District HQ is in Tysons Corner, VA, but job sites will vary across projects.
Will work projects throughout the D.C., MD, VA area, as well as into PA, NC, WV potentially.
Compensation: First year W2 around $100K ($70K salary + $21K Cost of Living Adjustment + Annual Bonus)
Shift: Monday – Friday | 1st Shift
Travel: Local travel to project sites
Benefits: Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life and Disability Insurance as well as generous PTO. Year 2 triggers a retirement plan that comes with 15% of base pay annual contributions. Bonuses, Profit Shares, and Automobiles kick in with advance positions.
Vaccine Requirement: No vaccine requirements
Career Progression: Our client is hiring people that are seeking a career. There is a clear path toward advancement, promotion, greater responsibility, and compensation with the company.
As a Field Engineer, you will work directly for the Superintendent and are expected to proactively exercise judgment while aiding the Superintendent in front-line field management. You will be responsible for the majority of the layout of the project as well as lift drawings, safety, and quality control responsibilities. Responsibilities will include:
• Systematic training toward career advancement.
• Subcontractor Management.
• Assisting Foreman with interpreting plans and specifications.
• Production and daily reporting.
• Develop a working knowledge of how the VDC Scope of Work, VDC Execution Plan and VDC Deliverables align to the project planning strategies related to field operations (i.e. Schedule, model coordination for submittals, constructability review, installation validation, BIM to Field Layout, Field Layout to BIM, etc.).
• Develop ability to review and navigate within the current 3D model viewing and scheduling software and collaborate with the VDC team.
• The ideal candidate has strong communication skills and 4-year degree in Civil, Structural, Architecture, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Construction Management.
• Four years of applicable experience (project management, leadership) and military experience is also heavily valued as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites (specifically Excel, Prolog, Primavera, and AutoDesk Suite experience).