Date Posted: 7/16/2021 9:04:25 AM
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Our client is a medical technology company that manufactures and sells a broad range of supplies, devices and systems for use by healthcare professionals, medical research institutions, industry and the general public.
Position: Project Manager
Location: Portland, OR
Project Management is responsible for managing all aspects of implementation and service projects for the Dispensing organization. The Project Manager collaborates with customers and leads Implementation Project Teams on planning, scheduling and execution of all deliverables within the scope of the project or program.
• Lead, facilitate, coordinate, and track day-to- day activities required to ensure the project is completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies, established processes, and/or the standard terms and conditions of the contract
• Creation and use of project plans for assigned projects, which include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities
• Successfully manage the scope of the project, including customer priorities
• Demonstrate a proactive approach to identify risks to project success; develop effective action plans for resolution
• Appropriately manage / escalate project issues or risks
• Managing customer expectations of product and services
• Providing leadership and direction for customers and the project team
• Demonstrate effective communication skills, verbal and written, with customers, project teams and leadership
• Ensuring customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability of leading project teams and act as an effective team leader for all matrixed staff
• Accurately forecasting current and future quarter revenue for each assigned projects
• Use of all governance tools (scope document, project status reports, risk and change logs, tollgates, etc.), for all assigned projects, to effectively manage all projects
• Provides constructive performance appraisal input through peer review process
• Demonstrates knowledge of industry-recognized project management methodologies
• Demonstrates an understanding of Implementation project governance expectations (scope management, tollgate, and risk & change management processes)
• Has responsibility of orders, small or medium sized projects or teams
• Project scope requires minimal impact to customer workflow (single site)
• Responsible for maintaining project schedule and timeline
• Compliant with forecasting and backlog management processes
• Participates in pre-sale process for small or medium size projects
• Provides coaching, mentoring, and training for project team
• Demonstrates effective communication and engagement with customer
• Ensures complete project closure including, customer acknowledgement, equipment reconciliation, and transition to TSC
• Is developing the professional and soft skills necessary to be an effective project manager
• Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
• Project management or leadership experience required
• Specific knowledge of the business highly desired.
• Prefer experience implementing and supporting healthcare IT software solutions, experience with capital equipment model is a plus
• Prefer knowledge of hospital systems and procedures that integrate with company products.
• Driving requirements dictate that the candidate possess and maintain a valid driver license and be at least 21 years old.
• Home based position with travel. Travel may range from 25 - 75%, overnight travel. Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends. Ability to work independently from home office
• Upon hire, must provide proof of, and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis