Date Posted: 5/22/2020 12:31:20 PM
Location: Bedford Park, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Electrical Engineering Designer positions with the go to brand manufacturer of advanced welding systems. Our client is at the forefront of electron beam welding technology and pioneers of metal additive manufacturing processes, also referred to as 3D printing.
As an Electrical Engineering Designer, you will be routinely involved with all aspects of the electrical and controls design for company products. You will be responsible for following the company’s quality management systems to assure compliance to internal standards and specifications as well as designing system schematics, design electrical wiring and panel layouts, and assisting with programming/debugging LabView Code. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Electrical panel designs also include interfacing to process control and motion system components, such as, brushless motor drive and stepper motor drive amplifiers, PLCs, and CNCs. Requires strong understanding of analog circuit design and noise immunity techniques.
Location: Bedford Park, IL (a western suburb of downtown Chicago)
Compensation: $75K - $90K (based on experience)
Shift: 1st Shift
Travel: Travel is very minimal and should not exceed 5% each year. If you do travel, it can be domestic or international to look at different customer sites or assist with an install.
Benefits: Excellent upward mobility potential, paid holidays, 401K, full medical, dental, vision, and an employer that supports veterans.
• Ideal for candidates who have an Electrical Engineer degree or equivalent.
• Knowledgeable in servo and motion control and must have experience with Bentley MicroStation V8 CAD system or equivalent i.e. AutoCAD.
• 5+ years of experience designing industrial electrical/electronic equipment and machinery preferably for use in an aeronautic, automotive, etc. type industry.
• Welding Equipment Fabrication experience a plus.
• Able to interpret product/machine specifications derived from internal and/or external sources and execute designs that meet customer requirements.
• Experience designing power distribution and related control circuits for vacuum systems, process controls, drive systems, and high output power supplies serviced by 480/400/600/220 VAC 3ph. 50/60hz services requiring 10 to 400 amps.
• Strong knowledge of electrical standards and safety codes, such as, NFPA 70 and 79, EN60204, including CE directives and associated norms.
• Experience releasing electrical drawings packages for manufacture. Must possess strong documentation/drawing revision control background.
• Experience designing and creating documentation for electrical panels consisting of assembly and wiring drawings, BOMs, with associated sheet metal drill and layout drawings.
• Experience sizing and specifying electrical components on electrical panels, such as: circuit breakers, fuses, contactors, relays, low voltage power supplies, transformers, terminal strips, I/O devices, and wire-ducts.
• Experience designing and creating documentation for electrical enclosures consisting of assembly and panel interconnection drawings, BOMs, wiring harness drawings, and associated sheet metal modification and layout drawings.
• Experience sizing and specifying electrical components included in electrical panel enclosures, such as: electrical cabinets, power disconnecting switch gear, temperature controls, lighting, and high-power transformers.