Date Posted: 6/2/2022 7:45:09 PM
Location: Avondale, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $110,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Purchasing Manager positions with an innovative medical device company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing technology-driven solutions for radiotherapy patient positioning.
Location: Avondale, PA
Schedule: Mon-Fri; Typical 8-5 or 7-4 work schedule
Benefits: Health, Vision, Dental/ Life insurance*; HSA/ FSA; Short/ Long Term Disability*; Telemedicine*; Paid Vacation; Paid Sick leave; Paid Holidays; 401K with 3% company annual contribution regardless of if employee contributes; (* denotes paid by CO)
As a Purchasing Manager, you will lead and manage the purchasing personnel in the procurement of materials, supplies, and services to meet the company’s production and operational requirements following and applying the corporate financial strategy to ensure that all purchases are effective and efficient. Responsibilities will include:
• Manage and lead all purchasing functions and Purchasing Team members.
• Ownership of ERP based purchasing system, including Master Data, processes, and procedures, assist in implementation of new systems.
• Work with financial and accounting personnel to ensure proper accounting of all purchases, e.g., capital assets, consumables, etc.
• Develop processes and systems to improve accuracy, efficiency, and the elimination of waste in the procurement processes.
• Research new products and vendors.
• Evaluate and validate purchase requests.
• Evaluate and qualify vendors.
• Manage/resolve order and vendor issues.
• Manage the supplier evaluation process using tools such as score cards to drive supplier performance.
• Review terms and conditions requests for changes by vendors and approve or elevate, as necessary.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field.
• At least 5 years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment with both traditional and full ERP based purchasing.
• Successful experience in negotiating contracts with suppliers.
• Experience using MS Office, Outlook.
• Proven ability using accounting and ERP software.
• Demonstrated leadership in a Team environment.