Date Posted: 9/22/2022 12:14:50 PM
Location: Middletown, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $31 - $31
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Industrial Maintenance/Millwright positions with a company that produces steel tube for highly engineered, severely fabricated and formed tube applications in the appliance, automotive, HVAC, and recreational vehicle industries.
Location: Middletown, OH
Pay: $31.02 Hourly – Second Shift
Travel: No Travel
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance for you and your dependents, company paid Short Term Disability, 401k with company match, company paid uniforms and tools, company paid safety shoe and eye protection allowances, Company Paid Tuition Reimbursement, Monthly, quarterly & annual bonuses, Paid company holidays & vacation provided
As an Industrial Maintenance/Millwright, you will be responsible for repairing, rebuilding, removing, and installing machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings, using hand tools, power tools, hoists, lift trucks, or cranes, by performing the following duties…for repairing, maintaining, and installing any and all plant electrical, electronic, and instrumentation equipment. You must perform at the highest levels of safety, quality, and efficiency. Responsibilities will include:
• Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
• Perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trades workers, engineering, and management personnel.
• Participate actively in the training of other maintenance personnel.
• Produce new and/or replacement parts (which may or may not have blueprints) that are required to maintain or improve plant operations, in a timely manner.
• Assemble and install equipment such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
• Construct foundation for machines using hand tools and building materials such as wood, cement, and steel.
• Align machines and equipment-using hoist, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
• Assemble machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures using hand tools and power tools.
• Operate engine lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications when necessary.
• Repair and lubricate machines and equipment when necessary.
• Dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
• Move machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
• Develop various ideas from plant operations personnel designed to reduce product costs, improve product quality, reduce set-up time, and increase run rate on production equipment, into workable products. Investigate causes of breakdown of equipment and report findings to the maintenance supervisor.
• A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
• Previous experience as a millwright or equivalent of at least 5 years, Millwright Certification Program Graduate, and any other education or /credentials.
• Must understand and have a working knowledge of the electrical and mechanical operations of all major pieces of equipment. This includes looper, floops, mills, standard and upgraded cutoff presses, cold saws, and finishing equipment.
• Must understand the electrical and mechanical operations of all major production equipment and non-production equipment such as cranes, air compressors, air tools, saws, test presses, cooling tower, coolant systems, plumbing, heating, etc.
• Must understand the operation, correct application, and method of use for the various measuring instruments that are used in maintenance repairs.