Date Posted: 1/19/2022 7:28:45 AM
City, State: Hillsboro, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $95,000 - $125,000
Position Description: Equipment Engineer
Equipment Engineers are integral members of Wafer Fab operations in that they run their Dry Plasma Etch, PVD/Evap and Implant Equipment that deliver high quality, efficient manufacturing and advanced technologies that produce innovative RF products and solutions to industry-leading wireless device and network customers.
Responsibilities – Relying on strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and process improvement skills, you will:
• Serve as the equipment tool owner in either dry plasma etch, metal deposition (PVD and Evaporators), or Implant Identify problems and provide solutions for equipment development and maturity on assigned tools
• Oversee the installation, modification, upgrade, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment
• Establish programs and solutions for increasing uptime and for the equipment problems that affect the manufacturing process
• Interface with vendors and contractors for the new tool installation, upgrades, and qualification
• Maintain current records on equipment manufactures’ technical notices, upgrades and safety issues
• Define and write preventative maintenance schedules
• Training and support Maintenance Technician
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• 4+ years technical experience working as an engineer desired
• Strong technical capacity, including knowledge of pneumatics, robotics, electronics, etc.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
• Knowledge of manufacturing principles, practices, and techniques as they relate to equipment engineering and maintenance is a plus!
• Experience with CAD software strongly preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively across functions
• Strong time management skills to enable on-time completion
• Ability to work autonomously in fast-paced manufacturing environment
• Ability to work off-hours as needed
Location: Hillsboro, OR -- (26 miles west of Portland!)
Salary: 95k-120k+ (depending on experience) + 4% target bonus, + relocation assistance and $10,000 sign-on bonus!
Benefits: Excellent benefits including Medical insurance, Dental insurance and a matching 401K plan.