Date Posted: 5/21/2020 3:01:46 PM
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $70,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Automation Technician positions with a global leader in managed, returnable, and reusable packaging solutions, serving many of the world's largest companies in sectors such as consumer goods, fresh produce, beverage, and automotive.
As an Automation Technician, you will be responsible for performing and managing plant maintenance programs under the direction of the Plant Manager. Maintenance activities must ensure that employee health and safety, product safety, and the protection of the environment are never compromised, and that all maintenance activities enhance product quality, plant performance, and business priorities. This position partners with internal and external engineering services and local parts vendors to ensure automated equipment operates at the highest level of efficiency and will advocate improvement projects as assigned. Responsibilities will include:
• Hands-on maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all plant pneumatics, hydraulics, and electric systems including program logic control (PLC) systems controls machine network devices (EthernetIP Network). Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical failures in all plant manufacturing equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, conveyors, process pallet handling machines, dismantling, painting, and stenciling systems.
• Hands-on maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all process hand tools, such as pneumatic or electric reciprocating saws and nail guns.
• Perform minor unscheduled maintenance and repair on trucking equipment such as forklifts and yard shuttle trucks.
• Accurate and timely documentation of performance and processes as required by local and regional leadership. Schedule, execute, and properly document work orders within the corporate Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Accurately complete additional scheduling and repair material documentation and reporting as required. Active participation in machine process and design improvement forums is required. Provide coaching on use and repair of industrial production equipment.
• Participate in health and safety programs including council or committee meetings, OSHA and corporate mandated training, certification, and recertification.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Salary: $28+/hr plus depending on qualifications; additionally, plenty of available overtime
Travel: May have limited travel for training or to support other locations
Shift Work: Various Shifts depending on location (Best to be open to off shift)
• Incentives for you to share in our growth and success.
• A commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
• A performance management and development framework that allows you to develop your skill.
• Career management workshops and learning tools to optimize your potential and empower you to develop your career.
• An employee assistance program providing a confidential counselling service for you and your family to assist with any personal problems.
• A global employee share plan through which the company matches your investment.
• 3-5 years of experience in machine/industrial maintenance.
• Knowledge of Human Machine Interface (HMI) operation and troubleshooting.
• Proven track record of machine maintenance and repair success.
• History of effectively working in a team environment.
• Demonstrated success handling multiple high priority projects, in addition to normal responsibilities.
• Mechanically inclined – Knowledge of and demonstrable ability to use common mechanics tools.
• Willing to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays with on-call availability.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Ability to stand and walk on concrete floors for up to 12 hours and lift 75 pounds.
• Ability to read and use mechanical and electrical schematics for troubleshooting.
• Ability to use an electrical Multimeter for troubleshooting.
• Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial pneumatic and hydraulic system components, such as pumps, valves, cylinders, motors, and solenoids.
• Understanding of and ability to troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical system components such as motors, variable AC drives, PLCs, and field sensors.
• Understanding of industrial air compressors and peripheral components such as, dryers, water separators, and automatic bleed off.
• Electrical experience:
o Control panels and power cabinets.
o 3 phase 480-volt power systems.
o Rockwell Automation Compact Logic (RSLogix 5000).
o Ethernet IP networks, EthernetIP on machine devices and VFDs.
• Ability to use and navigate MS office and internet applications.
• Knowledge of OSHA and Control of Hazardous Energy procedures and regulations.
• NEC 70E Electrical Safety.
• Ability to use Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.