Date Posted: 3/16/2023 3:53:56 PM
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $27 - $34
Title: Purchasing Agent
Location: Tulsa, OK
Shift: M-F 8a-5p
• 4 weeks PTO
• 401(k) w/ 5% match
• 10 paid holidays
• Bonus program, Wellness program, & Tuition assistance
Vaccine Requirement: the COVID19 vaccine is not required.
The company is seeking a high caliber technician to fill an immediate need for a Purchasing Agent. In this role, your primary responsibilities include:
• Maintain relationships with suppliers and negotiate contracts, terms of purchase and pricing agreements.
• Identify potential suppliers and evaluate their products and pricing to ensure it meets the technical requirements specified by MIRATECH engineering department.
• Source Raw materials and supplies required for projects, assembly, and manufacturing.
• Maintain & Run MRP on frequent basis to monitor daily demands.
• Schedules and conducts cycle counts in conjunction with production team and reviews/reports results.
• Manages inventory records, materials costing, and adjusts and/or corrections as needed.
• Collaborate with operations teams to ensure that all necessary materials are available to meet the internal schedules and customer’s demands.
• Reviews and approves invoicing from various suppliers and vendors.
• Maintain accurate records of purchasing activities which can include purchase orders, contracts, and supplier performance records.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain Management, or related field
• 3+ years’ experience in purchasing and procurement, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of Syspro ERP software desired.
• Background of an MRP system preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Good math and analytical skills.
• Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).