Date Posted: 2/23/2023 1:02:44 PM
Location: Bremo Bluff, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $80,000 - $100,000
Title: Commissioning Manager
Location: Bremo Bluff, VA
Shift: Mon-Friday 1st shift standard, but flexibility to support project requirements (must be flexible with OT and weekend shifts possible)
Compensation: $80-$100k depending on qualifications and experience!
Benefits: Medical and dental plans, Paid holidays and vacations, and a Matching 401k program!
Travel: This position will require travel to and from the project site.
Vaccine Requirement: Not Required
The Commissioning Manager will be a dependable, self-motivated team player with excellent communications skills. All candidates should have a minimum of 6+ years of relevant Hands-on Industrial Wastewater Treatment expertise with the ability to demonstrate good problem-solving skills. An Industrial Wastewater Treatment License is preferred but not required.
• Responsible for personal and crew safety. Must understand and ensure the entire CSU team complies with all project/site safety requirements.
• Be the main point of contact for the customer onsite and be directly responsible for all site operations during the Commissioning, Startup and Operations phases.
• Lead a team of experienced company employees and contractors through CSU and Final Acceptance including the subsequent transition to Operations.
• Ensure wastewater systems have been installed and tested as per design specifications.
• Create, update, maintain and adhere to Commissioning & Startup Schedules.
• Responsible for performance and compliance of the treatment systems with respect to permit equivalencies.
• Lead troubleshooting and emergency response efforts utilizing practical and innovative ways to achieve the goals.
• Collaborate with internal our Equipment, Construction, O&M, and Finance teams to successfully manage projects.
• Maintains consistent production quality and work records, using computer-based maintenance programs as part of workday.
• Preparation of System Performance and Discharge Monitoring Report (DMRs) as required.
• Preparation and review of industrial wastewater operations manuals and SOP’s.
• Collect or oversee the collection of process samples for testing onsite or by 3rd party laboratories.
• Operates, inspects, adjusts, and monitors process equipment, meters, gauges, and controls to detect problems/malfunctions and maintain proper level of equipment operation and system performance on air, water, groundwater, wastewater, industrial wastewater, and leachate systems.
• Performs preventive maintenance using hand tools, power tools and/or precision equipment in accordance with O&M guidelines and requirements.
• Add and adjusts the dosing of process chemicals such as Acids, Bases, Oxidizers, polymers, and coagulants using mixers, pumps, and metering devices.
• May serve as Operator of Record / Direct Responsible Charge with regulatory agencies for selected treatment systems.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in Industrial Wastewater Operations and Project Management, having successfully demonstrated the ability to succeed utilizing this knowledge base.
• Subject matter expertise in Physical and Chemical treatment processes, additional experience with biological systems is not required but preferred.
• Ability to comprehend and follow safety procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to evaluate physical characteristics of water and waste streams.
• Perform and interpret laboratory analyses.
• Ability to evaluate, operate, and troubleshoot process equipment, meters, and gauges.
• Understanding of major mechanical equipment and able to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on those components.
• Comprehension of electrical systems 600 Volts and below, inclusive of 24VDC controls circuits.
• General understanding of industrial programing languages for SCADA/DCS systems.
• 40-hour Hazwoper certificate with current 8-hour refresher preferred.