Date Posted: 11/20/2023 11:05:26 AM
City, State: Indianapolis, IN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $45 - $50
• Title: Lead Maintenance Tech
• Location: Indianapolis, IN
• Shift: 1ST 6am-6pm and 2nd 6pm-6am | 1 opening each shift
• Travel: None
• Compensation: 40-50/hr OR 100k-140k
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: shift differential for second shift
• Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance. 401k with match
• Vaccine Requirement: No
• Partnering closely with the Maintenance Manager to advance results and execute the overall strategy of the department.
• Overseeing and managing 6-9 direct reports, including managing the daily tasks as well as weekend work schedules and repair projects. This includes assisting in determining which tasks need to be completed next, when each task should be started, and how long it will take to complete.
• Engage in assisting in employee development plans and people management strategies by working with the manager to accomplish the goals of the department.
• Exhibiting strong leadership skills to motivate and assist in developing a team of hourly employees by continuously improving the performance of the individual employees and overall business.
• Demonstrating functional leadership skills to engage a workforce with a diverse background of knowledge and experience.
• Demonstrating strong functional knowledge of maintaining equipment used in the box manufacturing process. To include knowledge of Power up to 480V, PLC, VFD, Pneumatic Controls, Hydraulics, and other industrial-style equipment
• Plan and execute scheduled maintenance activities.
• Collaborating across roles, gather and share feedback.
• Work with the Maintenance Manager to complete projects promptly
• Instructing and offering guidance and directives while being involved in one or more of the skilled activities.
• Perform Troubleshooting activities on down machines through strong problem-solving skills with the intent of efficient repairs.
• High school or GED
• At least Seven (7) or more years of industrial experience in a manufacturing maintenance environment
• Experience with MS Word and Excel, and PC-based production and maintenance reporting systems applications
• Experience Reading mechanical, structural, and electrical drawings.
• Willing and able to work a flexible work schedule and work on-call/call-in hours for maintenance issues.
• Must have a working knowledge of PLC ladder logic to troubleshoot electrical problems.
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing pneumatic controllers and repairing three-phase motors.
• Associate degree in industrial technology
• One (1) or more years of leadership experience in a corrugated manufacturing maintenance environment
• Experience working with a CMMS system with reporting responsibilities.