Date Posted: 11/17/2022 1:18:56 PM
Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $66,000 - $85,000
Position Details: Practice Group Coordinator
This position will assist the Washington, D.C. Director of America’s Mutual Banks (AMB). AMB is a membership-based organization that promotes the interests of mutual banks around the country. Through email campaigns, mail campaigns, social media, and cold calls, the Practice Group Coordinator is responsible for sourcing, qualifying, and enrolling new members. In addition, the Practice Group Coordinator will assist the director with setting agendas for meetings, composing meeting minutes, invoicing members, researching and preparing member news and regulatory alert items, and will lead the planning efforts for AMB’s annual meeting which brings AMB members to D.C. for an evening program, typically in March/April.
• Location: Washington, DC
• Shift or Travel: Hybrid-work from home 1-2 days per week. Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Little to no travel.
• Compensation: $66k-$85k
• Responsible for conducting research to determine potential member services key market information, as well as identifying areas of improvement to increase revenue and brand
• Perform analysis of membership strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
• Develop and implement marketing campaigns, translate complex data into simple graphs and texts to compile and present data for the Director
• Increase AMB social media presence by interacting and sharing posts related to banking and mutual banks, and sharing Mutual Alerts and Inside Look pieces
• Maintain current AMB website and assist in development of new website in progress
• Finalize agendas for bi-weekly calls and responsible for the minutes of those calls
• Attend and report on governmental committee meetings and hearings
• Draft informational “Mutual Alerts” (industry related news alerts) for distribution to members
• Draft AMB Inside Look pieces for website, distribution to members, and possible publication in external periodicals
• Draft and submit comment letter on a proposed rule/regulation or legislation
• Communicate with bank CEOs on organization matters
• Prepare quarterly lobbying reports
• Ability to foster relationships with members and related parties
• Monitor and report on dues payments and maintain monthly status list, which includes calls and emails following up on delinquent accounts and encouraging renewals
• Maintain membership website
• Prepare and review invoices for members; assist with other administrative tasks (copying, filing, mailing, etc) as needed for the practice group and the AMB
• Other tasks, duties, and projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing, Political Science, or Finance
• Experience with graphic design & social media
• Ability to maintain and improve marketing databases
• Strong proofreading and computer skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to work collaboratively, multi-task and prioritize various projects with competing deadlines
• Professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts
Company Description: Company is a premier full-service Am Law 100 law firm that has earned a solid reputation for complex litigation, regulatory and transactional work on behalf of clients in important and growing industry sectors around the world.
Throughout our more than 130-year history, we’ve cultivated partnerships with a broad range of public and private companies, from Fortune 500 leaders to startups and emerging businesses. Our team can design strategic solutions that meet your long-term goals no matter how large or small your matter, applying our established tradition of responsive, personalized service.
At the company, our diverse and inclusive culture of collegiality and collaboration — core values of the Firm — across all of our offices and practices is ultimately reflected in our client experience by culminating in a deep understanding of our clients' businesses.
Corporate responsibility is also an important part of the company's mission as we reach out to the communities we serve in meaningful partnerships and pro bono work.