Date Posted: 11/17/2022 1:17:36 PM
Location: Dallas, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $124,000 - $165,000
Position Details: Assistant Director of Billing
The Assistant Director of Billing is responsible for managing the billing team’s efficiency and accuracy of daily workflows within the Billing Department. This includes oversight and management of system administration, time entry, and billing along with continuous process improvement.
• Location: Dallas, TX
• Shift or Travel: Hybrid-work from home 1-2 days per week.
• Compensation: $124k-$165k
• Manages the billing staff at all locations, including training on best practices and cross training
• Works closely with Director of Billing and Operational Controller to enforce various Billing and Time entry policies, ensuring partners attend to billing and time entry policies and procedures
• Closes month end and balances system, delivering management information by the second business day of month
• Manages pro forma process for the next month’s billing on 2nd business day of the month
• Manages production of paperless pro forma for the next month’s billing on the 3rd business day of the month
• Oversees electronic billing (e-billing) requests
• Oversees E-Billing system and vendors. Supports issue escalation and improvements when necessary
• Oversees the Elite system administration setup and maintenance of users and access issues
• Develops billing related reports upon requests from attorneys and staff
• Manages the research of various billing issues
• Manages the entry and maintenance of billing rates of all timekeepers
• Ensures appropriate statement formats are utilized and develops new formats as required
• Develops and designs ad hoc reports for partners and management when required
• Balances system on a daily and monthly basis to ensure data integrity
• Provides operational assistance and guidance to office managers, collection staff, human resources, sales & client relations staff, as well as other departments within the Firm
• Participate in the implementation of financial systems, upgrades, streamlined financial processes, improvement projects and an analytical data warehouse and reporting platform
• Ensures that consistent practices are used throughout the Firm in order to maintain the integrity of the Firm’s financial billing systems
• Manages relationship with billing systems vendor support and ticket management
• Serves as a liaison between IT and Finance/Accounting to support the billing management system and serves as billing project manager managing phases and tasks of any project relating to billing
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting required
• Minimum 5+ years of billing management experience, preferably in a law firm or professional services organization
• Aptitude for problem-solving and managing issues to satisfactory closure
• Proven resilience and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment
• Good organizational, interpersonal, communications and customer service skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of Firm personnel
• Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook. Experience with Elite or Aderant systems preferred
Company Description: Company is a premier full-service Am Law 100 law firm that has earned a solid reputation for complex litigation, regulatory and transactional work on behalf of clients in important and growing industry sectors around the world.
Throughout our more than 130-year history, we’ve cultivated partnerships with a broad range of public and private companies, from Fortune 500 leaders to startups and emerging businesses. Our team can design strategic solutions that meet your long-term goals no matter how large or small your matter, applying our established tradition of responsive, personalized service.
At the company, our diverse and inclusive culture of collegiality and collaboration — core values of the Firm — across all of our offices and practices is ultimately reflected in our client experience by culminating in a deep understanding of our clients' businesses.
Corporate responsibility is also an important part of the company’s mission as we reach out to the communities we serve in meaningful partnerships and pro bono work.