Date Posted: 6/16/2021 3:29:23 PM
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 6
Our client is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, abatement solutions and related value-added services. Their products are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells; are used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications, steel and other metallurgy, pharmaceutical and chemical; and for both scientific instruments and a wide range of R&D applications.
Position: On-Site Service Engineer
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Pay: $25 - $27 per hour depending on experience + shift differential
The Onsite Service Engineer has the ability to utilize his/her electr0mechanical skills to provide excellent service to our customers. As part of the Service team, you will be responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting high vacuum pumps, abatement, gas and chemical delivery systems in assigned territory. Travel outside the assigned territory maybe required to support your peers and install base.
• Utilize diagnostic equipment to monitor equipment performance, diagnose root cause, and make reliability improvement recommendations.
• Dismantle, adjust and repair equipment according to maintenance specifications and repair manuals.
• Use schematics, hand tools, electrical gauges and common test equipment for calibration, diagnosis and repair of equipment.
• Drive solutions and guidelines by recommending and writing maintenance procedures and specifications.
• Perform scheduled tool qualifications.
• Vendor management and coordination.
• Opportunity to provide leadership to other technicians by providing training and mentoring.
Requires an AS degree (full military equivalent may substitute for AS degree) or 4+ years of equivalent experience in relevant technical field such as electronic, mechanical, chemical, gas, refrigeration or basic vacuum. Must have a positive attitude, be energetic and enthusiastic possess a strong willingness to learn and a commitment to excellence. A self-starter who can set priorities, can demonstrate initiative and the ability to get the job done. Must be capable of exercising good independent judgment. Possess excellent customer interfacing and communication skills. Able to read engineering drawings and electrical diagrams. Competent in the use of test equipment including various test meters, hand tools, and power tools. Possess basic computer skills which includes thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office. May be required to work in confined or awkward spaces for extended periods of time. Ability to pass defined Physical Capability Test (PCT) by a designated medical professional