Date Posted: 9/21/2022 3:16:12 PM
Location: Garner, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $25 - $27
Location: Garner, NC
Pay: $25-$27 per hour DOE
Travel: Minimal, as required
Shift: Days 7am – 4:30 pm
Position Description: Field Operator
The position of CDL (A/B) Field Operator 2 is responsible for supporting the delivery, installation, and operation of company equipment on company Service Center sites and/or customer job sites. The Field Operator will maintain a clean and orderly work site environment to enable safe and efficient movement of workers and motorized equipment throughout the site.
• Identify all items to be delivered or picked up with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy. Perform visual inspection of equipment being picked up and note any damage. Obtain customer’s signature on appropriate paperwork.
• Utilize motorized equipment handling machinery to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers.
• Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA), Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
• Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains.
• Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a ‘Safety First’ approach when completing daily work tasks. Complete a Job Safety Assessment before beginning any job on a customer site. Ensure compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
• Travel locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems on customer job sites. Ensures pipeline, pump equipment and accessories are installed according to specification.
• Work independently or as part of a crew to install and dismantle pumping systems and pipelines on customer job sites.
• Review preliminary contracts to ensure all materials needed are identified and available. Update the sales staff should any materials change, or the initial job set up changes.
• Initiate site introductions with customer and Outside Sales personnel. Establish customer expectations and clarify customer support.
• Prepare Bill of Ladings (BOLs) to load out equipment from job site. Coordinate with Service Center Manager to arrange proper timing of truck arrivals to ensure material handling equipment and/or personnel are available.
• Participation in company Watermark volunteer activities
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record
• High school or general equivalency degree
• One to two years experience in the construction industry preferred
• Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
• Prior experience operating heavy industrial equipment such as telehandlers, skid steers, air tuggers, etc.
• Ability to follow directions and work independently in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work flexible hours in order to respond to customer emergencies
• Ability to read, write legibly and communicate effective with co-workers, supervisors/managers and customers both verbally and in writing
• Ability to read blueprints or other layout and design documents
• Basic computer skills
• Demonstrated ability to safely operate diesel powered hydraulic lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, front-end loaders, telehandlers, etc.
Demands / Work Environment
• Heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds)
• Full range of physical motions (standing, walking, bending, stooping, lifting, twisting, kneeling, climbing) associated with general labor work continually throughout 8 hours
• Shop environment: intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes all within limits of OSHA standards
• Manufacturing environment: may be exposed to loud noises, changing temperatures, machinery with moving parts and various materials
• Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
• Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company