Position ID: #EB-2250454973
Date Posted: 3/19/2018 4:37:12 PM
Location: Minneapolis, MN
As a Compressor Air Service Technician, you will serve customers by installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all makes of rotary screw and reciprocating air compressors, along with additional compressed air system components. You will use precision measuring tools for diagnostic trouble shooting of compressed air equipment. In addition, you need to have knowledge of all operations and parts manuals associated with all equipment. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with customers and co-workers.
- Provide technical assistance on equipment start-ups, installations and repairs of compressed air systems; including “hands-on” work to assure equipment operates to customer’s requirements.
- Serve as technical support for customers and Customer Service Managers.
- Document service and installation activities by completing work orders for each job, maintenance checklist and daily time sheets.
- Increase customers’ awareness of how the company’s products, services and solutions can benefit their operations.
- Maintain rapport with customers by addressing complaints, identifying solutions, suggesting improved methods and techniques and recommending system improvements.
- Ensure proper operation of compressed air equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and 47 point inspections on a wide variety of compressors, refrigerated dryers, desiccant dryers and additional compressed air components.
- Work with Service Coordinator on ordering and gathering parts and supplies necessary to complete installations and repairs.
- Conduct safety assessments of a continuously changing working environment.
- Daily travel to customer sites, occasional overtime, and sporadic on-call emergency service is required to meet customers’ needs.
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Travel: Daily travel to customer sites.
Working Conditions: This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
Benefits: Work from home, company vehicle and iPad provided, 401K, Life/Accident Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness programs, Company Car, laptop, smartphone, holidays, and vacation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of troubleshooting industrial/commercial mechanical systems.
- Ability to read wiring schematics and diagrams.
- Possess operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Provide your own set of standard tools.
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUIs in previous 5 years.
- EPA Certification Preferred (Refrigeration experience/certification a plus).