Position ID: #EB-2297203968
Date Posted: 6/3/2019 1:28:10 PM
Location: St. Paul, MN
As an HVAC Equipment Estimator, you will be responsible for computing costs associated with projects. This position is required to closely interact with the Account Manager and Project Manager and assigned project staff to ensure timely completion of each project. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Responsible for computing cost estimates for materials, purchased equipment, labor, and other construction-related activities to assist management in bidding on or determining price of project.
• Utilize blueprints and specifications and knowledge of construction industry to analyze project needs and compile cost estimates.
• Responsible for the take-off of equipment for proper size, configuration, voltage, options, etc.
• Select and price proper equipment per the plans and specifications.
• Create of preliminary proposal.
• Responsible for identifying possible cost savings and/or cost problems that will occur on various projects.
• Support sales and develop preliminary submittals as required.
• Maintain competitive advantage and stay abreast of industry trends.
• Maintain job-related supplied inventory by recording quantities required.
• Optimize expenses by negotiating prices with vendors for materials.
• Obtain discounts and enter discounts into LYNX.
• Document work by maintaining files for each job.
• Obtain and validate vendor quotes.
• Responsible for holding job pre-bid meeting and makes any necessary changes.
• Generate and distribute final proposal.
Location: St Paul, MN
Travel Requirements: Primarily working out of the office with minimal travel to client sites or training.
Schedule: M-F, 7am-4pm
Benefits: Full comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with generous match.
• Wide combination of experience, education, and training will be considered for this opportunity.
• Associate's degree in engineering, engineering technology or business management or one to three years’ experience in estimating, engineering, or construction management; or equivalent combination of education and experience or military experience.
• Familiarity with the operation of HVAC systems and temperature controls.
• Effective communication and customer service skills.