Position ID: #EB-1535134433
Date Posted: 2/21/2019 3:05:41 PM
Location: Roanoke, VA
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Site Superintendent positions with a world leader in providing quality heating and air conditioning services. Our client is a manufacturer of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems and building management systems and controls.
Interviews for the Site Superintendent position will be held in Roanoke, VA on March 4. Virtual interviews can also be conducted for those who are out of area.
As a Site Superintendent, you will apply engineering/construction principles and practices for work on assigned projects. You will design cost-effective construction solutions to meet project requirements. You will work directly on the project team to assist the Construction Manager with all project activities. Responsibilities will include:
• Assigned to large Complex Solutions projects under the direction of a Project Manager/Construction Manager.
• Spend the majority of the time in the field at the jobsite and provide daily reporting and leadership as directed.
• Responsible for planning, analyzing, and timely completion of assigned activities
• Communicate with subcontractors, their representatives, and field support staff.
• Ensure compliance with internal contracting processes.
• Support the Project Manager in establishing an operations schedules and activities.
• Support Project Manager in validating and establishing project installation budgets.
• Oversee the following: preparation of company material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials.
• Support the Project manager in preparing the sub-contractor request for quotations (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
• Supervise work of project assigned staff, subcontractors, and installers.
• Support Project Manager in change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes, and closing orders.
• Ensure that safety and quality standards are maintained for assigned projects.
• Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers or their representative.
• Establish a professional relationship with the customer and interface constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
• Support the transition of warranty to the service process.
• Work occasionally in a typical office environment with regular visits to job sites which includes outdoor work and work in mechanical/equipment rooms. During the job site visits, you will be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location: Roanoke, VA
Salary: $75K-$100K + 10% bonus depending on experience
Shift: Flexibility to work outside normal work hours/weekends, as required.
Travel: Some travel with occasional overnight stays.
Benefits: 401K, Life/Accident Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness programs, Company Car, laptop, smartphone, holidays, and vacation.
• Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school in engineering or construction management and 2 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and engineering drawing tools.
• Some computer programming experience is required.
• Familiarity with the concepts of new construction, renovation/retrofit; performance contracting, and service project management.
• Possess the communication skills and level of literacy, scientific knowledge and mathematical skills commensurate with the completion of High School and/or higher-level education.
• General knowledge of basic engineering, electricity, mechanical HVAC systems and the building construction industry.
• Prefer experience and knowledge in using Project Management Tools (CPM, PERT, Gantt Charts); knowledge of Microsoft Office, Primavera Expedition, Microsoft Project Manager or P3/Suretrak and familiarity with financially guaranteed contracts, the operation of energy management systems, HVAC systems, temperature controls, and process control systems.
• Able to read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, contract documents, control drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and governmental regulations.
• Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, customers, and service personnel.
• Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and algebra.
• Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations is required.
• Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables is required.
• Required to talk, hear, walk, sit, and use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone.
• Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.