Position ID: #EB-6854505497
Date Posted: 8/24/2017 8:57:03 AM
Location: Memphis, TN
As a Sales Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Converting leads into opportunities by assigning the appropriate sales process, identifying the required project team members, making assignments, and communicating the next steps in the process.
• Utilizing account management process to identify key customers and to develop specific action plans to grow identified accounts.
• Developing relationships with multiple buying influences in the customer’s organization, including project managers, project engineers, construction, purchasing, and accounts payable.
• Assisting customers in answering technical questions on HVAC systems, company products, and system application alternative, Building Automation Systems, installation, operation, maintenance, and problem resolution.
• Determining needs, developing and executing an account specific business plan to identify the long term, mutual support requirements required to facilitate a strong, profitable and successful partnership.
• Gathering and validating preliminary information and performing facility walk¬through, construction plan review or other requirements.
• Determining project needs, constraints, and responsibilities to meet all of the customer’s HVAC system design and installation requirements.
• Ensuring of project take-off, selection, pricing, and integration of equipment, controls, and services.
Location: Memphis, TN
Salary: $70K-$75K, + commission
• Daily, within 100-mile radius.
• Territory is mostly within an hour’s drive.
• Maximum 1 night of overnight travel per month.
Held in St. Paul, MN, the CGTP provides intensive technical, business, sales and leadership training, with an emphasis on maintaining the highest ethical and professional standards. Participants will attend lectures and technical presentations; complete challenging homework assignments; partake in individual and team projects; visit local sales offices and plants; learn about real world projects from Trane sales engineers, managers and customers.
Benefits: Our client offers an extremely rich benefits plan to include:
• 401K with very generous contribution and match (100% match on 1st 6% plus, automatic 2% contribution from IR)
• Medical Coverage Options- (Aetna and Blue Cross Blue Shield)
• Retiree Medical Coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Voluntary Benefits (Auto insurance/Homeowners/Renters Insurance/Veterinary Pet Insurance/Long-Term Care Insurance/Legal Insurance/Excess Liability Coverage)
• Vacation- 1-9 years- 15 days/10-24 years 20 days/ 25+ years
• Education Assistance Program
• Veteran Employee Resource Group (VERG)
• Miscellaneous Programs
o Education Matching Gifts
o Transition/Survivor Support Program for employee or spouse/SSDP diagnosed with life threatening illness
o Health Maternity Program
o Complex Care Management Program for serious illness or injury
o Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Referral Program for cancer treatment
o Company Scholarship Program
o Employee discounts
• Must have a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or a technical background from the military.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills with a desire to impact organization revenue through sales.
• Must have strong goal orientation, be highly motivated, and possess a strong desire to sell industry leading products in the market place.
• Must be eligible for employment in the United States without sponsorship.
• Must possess a valid state issued Driver’s License with ability to provide proof of insurance and meet our successful background check requirement.
• Must have flexibility to work outside normal work hours, as required.