Our client is a leading provider of intelligent material handling systems. With more than 200 engineers in-house, they design, manufacture, integrate and install a full spectrum of intralogistics solutions. These include leading-edge conveyor and sortation systems, voice and light-directed order fulfillment equipment, PLC controls and robotics, and mezzanines and structures, backed by critical round-the-clock service and support.
Position Description: Automation Technician I
The Automation Technician I can perform preventive maintenance and reactive troubleshooting. Possesses the mental agility to learn new and complex equipment, to position themselves and contributing members of the maintenance team. Be on call for emergencies, ability to handle multiple projects and daily activities, and meet time lines. Follow plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
Basic Skills/Systems Preferred:
(candidates do not need to possess all of the listed attributes)
• Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical systems preventive maintenance and troubleshooting
• PC competency, Word & Excel and Windows OS
• Electrical knowledge of basics components. Use test equipment ability to do simple circuitry.
• HVAC- have the understanding where the equipment is. Needs to know who their resources are. Ability to clean filters with knowledge of basic components.
• Compressors, Pneumatics- knows what they do and how to take readings. Able to reset, change out filters, oils and basic compressor experience.
• Metal and wood fabrication skills a plus
• Experience with conveyors, understand flow of system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistants
• Box Makers- start and stop load fill and change tape, know key components and adjust. Perform PM’s and do basic repairs
• Building lighting- able to change out lights. Troubleshooting of lights, displays and wiring in each bay.
• Locations: Joliet, IL
• Shifts available: Ability to work all days and shifts, including overtime (24 hours a day, 7 days a week operation, including holidays).
• Career Progression: Rapid development and success of our clients Technicians by offering them opportunities to test up to the next Technician level available. (Advancement opportunities available after 90 days)
• Salary: Tech I - $17.00 - $19.00 per hour plus approximately 10 hours of overtime a week (estimated W-2 ~ $51,480)
• Benefits: Our client offers a wide variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Assistance, EAP, Paid Leave, and Paid Whole Sale Shopping Membership (Sam’s Club)