Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Manager of Production Support position.
Position Description: Manager, Production Support
Due to growth we are adding a Manager Production Support supports internal production departments in the manufacture of locomotives, passenger coaches and light rail vehicles. Manage three groups responsible for 1) plant equipment maintenance (facilities, building, and grounds maintenance is managed by a third party and is not included in this scope of responsibility), 2) tool crib and consumable supplies, and 3) internal transportation of in-process rail vehicles between progressive production areas. Lead a department of 20-30 team members. Ensure requirements are met for safety, cost, quality, and schedule.
• Responsible for the development of support strategy for manufacturing operations, including budget planning and cost control for Maintenance, internal Transportation movements, and Tool Crib operations.
• Manage the installation, repair and maintenance of production equipment, including planning and execution of preventive and predictive maintenance programs to ensure overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
• Manage Transportation activities to satisfy production schedule demands of multiple departments and projects. Involves the movement of car shells and assembled rail vehicles between carshell welding, finishing, assembly and test using various heavy transport equipment.
• Ensure Tool Crib effectively supports provision of tools and consumables to production departments and employees. Evaluate spending and consumption data and develop strategies to optimize cost. Manage integrated MRO supplier.
• Develop, monitor and meet department budgets and business plans.
• Establish, monitor, and adjust manpower and applicable equipment planning to meet production demands.
• Support capital budget planning for required equipment acquisition and upgrades.
• Develop a strong team through effective recruiting, training, evaluation and coaching of team members. Manage individual employee performance issues, including but not limited to bi-annual performance reviews, promotions, transfers, leave of absence, and disciplinary actions.
• Manage contracts and onsite activities of OEMs and 3rd party service providers for equipment maintenance and repair. Develop in-house repair and maintenance capabilities for specific equipment as required.
• Manage computerized maintenance management (CMM) system and spare parts inventory.
• Develop and maintain appropriate KPI’s along with benchmarks and targets that provide a clear indication of department performance, performance trends, and potential problem areas.
• Ensure a safe and healthy work environment. Ensure all Team Members are trained in, and observe, safe work practices.
• Drive lean manufacturing and 5S principles and initiatives to eliminate waste. Develop and implement measures to improve production efficiency, equipment performance, and product quality.
• Ensure positive communication with entire team on a regular basis to keep them informed of work status, department performance, process changes, and company policies.
• Work collaboratively with production department managers to insure coordinated support of all production needs.
Location: Sacramento, CA
Salary and Benefits: $80,000 - $130,000 Vehicle stipend/reimbursement, cell phone, & laptop. Our client offers an excellent benefits package including consumer-driven health plan (full medical/dental/vision); ADD/STD/LTD and life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; tuition assistance; a matching 401K – dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary; supplementary company pension plan; other fringe benefits (product / service discounts, exceptional work-life balance programs, scholarship programs for children, generous vacation / leave policies, etc.). Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Bachelors Degree in related technical field or equivalent experience. Engineering degree is preferred.
• 5-10 years of equipment maintenance management experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
• Ability to lead and motivate a direct labor workforce
• Develop relationships: Excellent coach and team builder
• Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal customers.
• Management experience with preventative & predictive equipment maintenance programs.
• Experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of complex production equipment is required (e.g. Weld machines/robots/positioning devices, CNC mills, PLC controlled equipment, CMM measurement equipment, paint and blast booths, heavy load transporters).
• Strong leadership skills in problem solving, project management and process improvement.
• Strong Technical skills in electronics, electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, and controls/PLC.
• CMMS experience, preferably with mPulse or similar maintenance management software.