Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Service Specialist positions with a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, our client is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role. Its building automation division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient, and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator, and product supplier, the company offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services.
Interviews for the Service Specialist position will be held at Orion’s Hiring Conference in Norfolk, VA on August 11-12.
As a Service Specialist, you will represent the face of the company. You will be responsible for performing hands on work that varies from installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs, and overhauls of building automation equipment. Responsibilities will include:
• Perform semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and maintain documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
• Participate in responding to semi-complex service or systems calls.
• Participate in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
• Handle emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Respond to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), check indicated points of trouble, analyze full requirements of system involved and check and test systems components.
• Participate in training customers on semi-complex products and services. Perform semi-complex maintenance on tools, test equipment, etc., and maintain documents of all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
• Diagnose trouble or defect, determine corrective action, and repair system.
• Perform preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts. Test and verify system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identify additional chargeable opportunities including time and material work, system upgrades, and service contact expansion. Price, propose, and proceed with new work as per issued guidelines.
• Complete service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments, and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, and troubleshooting and installation instructions.
• Perform system checkout and assist in automation systems startups for service installed jobs
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
• Complete and submit written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
• Work with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
• Participate in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
Location: Chantilly, VA
Salary: Salary range for this role is $55K + OT + company vehicle, cell phone, and laptop.
Travel: You will work out of your home and report to different jobsite within your territory every day. Shift: This is a first shift position with the opportunity for overtime.
• Electronics experience, computer programming experience, and/or electrical aptitude (ie. Nuke, ET, FC, EM, etc.).
• Successfully demonstrates thorough knowledge of a technical or specialty area.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
• Self Starter – will be working independently.
• Customer service attitude – will be representing the company is high stress situations, must be able to diffuse any tension and provide high level of service that the company prides itself on.