As a Field Service Engineer, your primary role is providing initial installation and instrument technical support for the chemistry products sold by our client. The Field Service Engineer is a field position that supports customers and field sales with product service support of instrumentation, feedback on technical problems, and first line contact for customer problems. The Field Service Engineer interfaces directly with the Customer Care Manager, Technical Manager, Clinical Application Specialist, Product Managers, Sales Representatives, and customers. These interfaces are required to provide superior product service responsiveness and customer satisfaction. The Field Service Engineer integrates the technical capabilities and available resources, with effective territory and business management skills to develop and maintain superior service levels. The Field Service Engineer will need to make decisions on the best plan of action in order to keep the customer’s equipment downtime to a minimum. The Field Service Engineer is required to operate the Diagnostic instruments of the product line of which they support and instruct customers on their use. Specific responsibilities include:
• Possess total familiarity with mechanical, electronic, optical, and operational aspects of designated products as evidenced by the ability to effectively install and repair/service designated instruments.
• Provide customer troubleshooting assistance as required.
• Provide product service for clinical field trial installations.
• Perform warranty and maintenance work necessary to keep customer level of service and satisfaction high.
• Recommend service manual revisions.
• Properly manage replacement parts inventory, test equipment, tool and technical library.
• Provide feedback to Field Service Specialist for any major technical problems or opportunities.
Interviews for the Field Service Engineer position will be held in Virginia Beach, VA on September 16-17.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Compensation: $50K–$55k+ plus OT plus bonuses plus company vehicle (for personal use too), computer, and gas card.
Travel: Travel is an essential job requirement for this position. The Field Service Engineer will travel regularly throughout his assigned region to customer accounts.
Shift: Some overnight stays may be required. This individual must be able provide service to customers during off hours as well as weekends when necessary.
Benefits: Our client offers an excellent global benefits package Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurances, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K Savings Plan with matching contribution, Financial Planning Tools, Training and Education, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Flex Schedules, Business Casual Dress, Employee Discount Program, and Volunteer Opportunities.
• Top-notch electronic systems knowledge and troubleshooting/repair skills in addition to unparalleled customer service skills (relationship development, conflict management, active listening and problem solving, interpersonal communication, etc).
• Experience in the Bio-Medical field is a huge plus, but not required.
• Must be able to interpret electronic system schematics and flow-charts.
• A highly tuned mechanical aptitude and the ability to visualize and explain situations and resolutions are also critical in this role.
• Excellent customer service, communication (oral & written), documentation, and PC skills are essential to this position's success.
• Open-minded, curious people who have a thorough understanding of the world we live in.
• An additional advantage is international work experience.
• Professional capabilities such as a wide-range of basic-knowledge, the willingness to quickly adapt to new fields of knowledge and methods, good English language skills and personal abilities are all an added bonus, as is your ability to work in a team and to deal with analytical and complex problems.