Position Description: Project Manager – Building Automation / HVAC Controls
This company is is seeking a Project Manager to support their Building Automation Solutions Group. This position Manages large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre booking to customer acceptance. You will supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. You will also ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Building Automation Solutions Group. This position assists in the development of project/program plans. You will also assist in the delivery of routine projects or programs. As an Associate Project Manager, you will also assist in routine project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). You will also assist with technical review of system design and documentation as well as continuous improvement activities. You may also assist in sales activities and client relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
• Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sale estimate and job layout.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
• Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope
• Manages the development of project plans of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
• Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage, and control costs.
• Prepares or overseas preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontracts to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
o Salary and Benefits: $75k-100k+ base (depending on experience) + 5%- annual incentive BONUS! Car reimbursement plan at approx. $300 per/month (depending on region) + plus mileage. May provide a sign-on bonus for relocation assistance. A military background and/or industry experience in Construction and/or in Electro-Mechanical Maintenance, HVAC and/ or Signal Communications, Networking, Electronics, Fire Safety, Automation, etc. is desired. Can be Officer or Degreed NCO! At this Project Manager level is it likely you will have some post military industry experience in construction/HVAC or building controls , Contracting, or are already PMP Certified.
This company also offers an excellent benefits package including consumer-driven health plan (full medical/dental/vision); ADD/STD/LTD and life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; tuition assistance; a matching 401K – dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary; supplementary company pension plan; other fringe benefits (product / service discounts, exceptional work-life balance programs, scholarship programs for children, generous vacation / leave policies, etc.). Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
o Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but and Associates Degree or equivalent work experience (candidates with varying degrees will be considered based on experience and aptitude.) A military background and/or industry experience in Construction and/or in Electro-Mechanical Maintenance, HVAC and/ or Signal Communications, Networking, Electronics, etc. is desired. Can be Officer or Degreed NCO! Post military industry experience in construction, building controls, contracting, etc. and/or PMP Certification is desired.
o Military experience desired – looking for strong leadership and Project Management skills! A military background and/or industry experience in Construction and/or in Maintenance is desired.
o Excellent contracting skills and financial acumen.
o An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
o Experience supervising, directing, and motivating professional teams (this will be crucial to managing the project with field labor, subcontractors, and vendors during project delivery phase including installation, start-up, commissioning, and turnover).
o 5 - 8 years’ experience in the Construction Industry or have a Construction background (military experience counts)
o 5 - 8 years’ experience in the Building Controls Industry and/or experience with Building Control Systems and equipment (building mechanical and electrical equipment such as ventilation/ HVAC, lighting, power systems, fire systems, and security systems as well as computer-based software).
o PMP Certification is a bonus!
o Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
o Must have strong verbal and written skills in English
o Must be qualified to work in the United States
o Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing