Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Project Manager position.
Position Details: Project Manager
Location: Sacramento, CA
Compensation: $90,000 – 110,000 + 10% annual bonus
Benefits: Our client offers an excellent benefits package including consumer-driven health plan (full medical/dental/vision); company car, ADD/STD/LTD and life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; tuition assistance; a matching 401K; supplementary company pension plan; other fringe benefits (product / service discounts, exceptional work-life balance programs, scholarship programs for children, generous vacation / leave policies, etc).
The Project Manager – Rail Solutions will be located in the Mobility Customer Services HQ in McClellan, CA. However, our Projects are across North America. This means you will cooperate with the central functions like Engineering, Procurement, etc. in Sacramento but might be in charge for a project team which is working at the customers location. Your Project scope is typically centered around complete refurbishments, accident repairs, modernizations and overhauls on either Vehicle or System level.
To ensure customer and organizational success, our client is interested in adding a highly motivated, entrepreneurial and self-driven Project Manager which has managed technical projects before. The successful candidate is capable of leading a cross functional team, which is not reporting to the Project Manager, and to interact in a professional way with our customers.
This successful Project Manager will be responsible for Service Solutions projects in the Business Unit Customer Service (CS), which can be refurbishment, repair, maintenance, overhaul, or modernization of our customers’ and 3rd party’s rolling stock equipment. Refurbishment / Overhaul projects are usually longer term (3-7 years), while repair projects are short-term (1- 12 months). Maintenance projects can be up to 30 years duration. Our ultimate goal is to engage into long term partnership with Customers in which we jointly work on improving the overall operational performance. Those Performance Partnership projects are highly customized and might cover a wide range of our portfolio elements. The Project Manager is the main interface to the customer and is the customer’s advocate within the company.
The Project Manager will lead and drive the successful project execution and the success will be measured on schedule achievements, customer success and financial results. The responsibilities are include but are not limited to the following:
• Consults with customers on technical solutions, in cooperation with Sales Manager, Key Account Manager or Business lead.
• Clarifies customers´ targets and requirements, and/or specification in request for proposal (RFP).
• Participates in tender preparation and is part of customer negotiations.
• Coordinates overall planning of the project and decides on allocation of resources.
• Clarifies specification / contract and continuously liaise with management.
• Monitors milestone and adherence to budgets, and initiates actions to minimize non-conformance cost.
• Maintains constant communication to customers, outside contractors or other stakeholders.
• May coordinate agreed commissioning measures onsite, together with Site Engineering Management.
• Adheres to PM standards and Business Conduct Guidelines (e.g. Tax regulations, Export Control, EHS).
• Manages and coordinates all temporarily assigned project staff.
• Ensures Customer success
• Bachelor degree preferred
• At least 2 years of experience in a Project Management ideal in an industrial environmental
• Project management skills , including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, etc.
• Demonstrated technical experience
• Demonstrable experience accomplishing tasks with only remote supervision or support with a proven history of solving problems for customers.
• Project Management certification is a great advantage