Positions with PPL Electric Utilities
Supervisor - Right of Way (Allentown, PA)
Position ID: #EB-1065394183
Date Posted: 4/19/2018 8:31:59 AM
Location: Allentown, PA
- See More Position Details
- Position Description
As the Supervisor – Right of Way, you will supervise and manage the acquisition, distribution right of way and agency license agreements by organizing, training, directing, and motivating Right of Way Agents. Your responsibilities will include:
• Define, delegate and oversee the activities and responsibilities of Right of Way Agents in multiple service areas/regions in an effective manner so that Corporate and Department goals can be achieved.
• Define, delegate and oversee Right of Way Contractors during peak workloads.
• Provide direct supervision and guidance of Right of Way Agents regarding acquisition of distribution right of way and agency license agreements, in-depth court house research and related deed plotting, estimating fair market value of easements, property owner identification, and monitoring quality of R/W agreements and associated plans to ensure that they meet the company's standards.
• Provide expertise and direction to Right of Way agents through acquisition of license agreements with agencies such as the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation of Natural Resources (DCNR), the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), and railroad operators.
• Interpret and ensure the group's compliance with Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PPUC) regulations governing right of way, Company Standard Practice Instructions (SPI's), environmental regulations, condemnation process, acquisition and negotiation process, and the damage settlement process.
• Maintain the company's Right of Way Manual to standardize practices and policies system wide.
• Ensure a competent, motivated, effectively utilized staff by managing and directing its selection, organization, training and development, performance management and compensation. Set the standards necessary to achieve and maintain a high degree of integrity within the work Team, ensure ethical negotiations and foster professionalism.
• Authorize binding right of way and encroachment agreements, relinquishment of agreements, crop and property damage settlements, PPUC and other agreements requiring acceptance on behalf of the company.
• Negotiate difficult or sensitive right of way and encroachment issues requiring technical or supervisory expertise.
• Manage projects and act as Liaison between Right of Way and Engineering, Office of General Counsel, Real Estate Services, and other Departments as required.
• Coordinate liaison activities to ensure that commitments made during negotiations are met.
• Promote the Company's interests and public relations in all dealings with the public.
• Administer established policies and programs including those pertaining to safety, personnel development, productivity, goal setting and work planning to contribute to the achievement of corporate goals.
• Coordinate group's activities to ensure that Right of Way agents are meeting their obligations to project schedules and are supporting work management timelines.
• Manage and lead storm restoration efforts in designated Command Center; participate in storm restoration training and drills.
• Assist in investigations related to power system incidents and non-employee contacts.
• Lead/Assist with projects and initiatives while keeping up with the position's day to day responsibilities.
• Provide career guidance and development for all Right of Way Agents and Senior Right of Way Agents.
• Foster a constructive culture which promotes a diverse work environment and ensures employees work in a safe manner.
• Develop and implement strategic vision and direction for the Distribution Right of Way group.
• Develop and implement innovative business solutions that increase efficiency and productivity.
Location: Allentown, PA
Salary: $95,000 + bonus (12% target)
Benefits: PPO or HDHP Health Plans; Prescription Drugs; Dental Plans; Vision Plans; Life Insurance; Educational Assistance Plan; Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; Employee Assistance Program; Disability Insurance; Employee Stock Ownership Plan; Retiree Medical Plan; 401K with a 3% fixed contribution from the company, 100% company match on their own contributions, up to 6%. If employee takes full advantage of the company’s match, they can put 6% of their own salary and receive the 9% additional match from the company. Employees will be 100% vested in the company’s contributions after two years on the job.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or STEM disciplines and three (3) years of field experience in right of way, real estate, surveying, civil engineering and/or land management work.
• Thorough understanding of Real Estate Law, terminology, procedures and practices.
• Superior oral and written communications, proficiency in various computer applications, negotiations, public relations, and leadership, administration, workload and time management, record research.
• Demonstrated ability to Lead, Supervise, and motivate others.
• A valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
• Comprehensive knowledge of department programs, policies, procedures and business plans.
• Demonstrated ability to provide technical direction to technical and non-technical personnel.
• Knowledge of advanced management theories, practices and techniques.
• Sound judgment, insight, and strong initiative to direct people on resolution of complex issues.
• Strong verbal and written communication and influencing skills.
• Ability to work well with individuals on all levels of the organization.
- Position Description