Position ID: #EB-1814731557
Date Posted: 10/17/2018 5:30:24 PM
Location: Kearny, NJ
As a Maintenance Mechanic, you will maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment. Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determine changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
• Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
• Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
• Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Interviews for the Maintenance Mechanic position will be held at Orion’s Hiring Conference in Parsippany, NJ on October 28-29.
Location: Kearny, NJ
Salary: $26.50/hr + up to 25% OT + up to 10% bonus for an annual compensation of $72K+.
Shift Work: Plant is presently operating 3-8hr shifts Mon-Fri. You will start out for the first two mos. on the day shift (6AM-2PM) during training/onboarding. You will then switch to 3rd shift (10PM-6PM) where you will receive offset. Once the department is fully staffed (4 new hires), they will revert to a 12 hour shift of 3-on/4-off (not rotating) and it is planned for you to work the 2nd shift (6PM-6AM) where you will receive offset.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Plans, Life & AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) with employer match starts after 6 months of employment, Educational Assistance is available to continue job-related education.
Career Progression: This is a union facility with guaranteed periodic raises and the opportunity to advance to higher level technical positions. Our client is also a very large and successful company that provides unlimited growth opportunities to salaried leadership positions.
• Technical degree preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and P&ID drawings.
• Ability to maintain precision measurements.
• Basic computer knowledge and skills.
• Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
• Strong knowledge of LTT, energy control procedures, and safe working procedures.
• Must have experience with fusing, thermal overload protection, wiring size, motor theory, pneumatics, hydraulics, and mechanical gear.
• Must have knowledge of basic electrical code.
• Must be prepared to wear all required company PPE: composite toe shoes, hearing protections, hard hats, safety glasses.
• Ability to work weekends, nights and on a 12 hour shift rotation.
• Ability to work in a hot or cold and outdoor environment.
• Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.