Date Posted: 8/23/2021 9:53:29 AM
Location: Novi, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $35 - $37
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer positions with a leading manufacturer of textile machinery, quick release couplings, and robotics systems.
Location: Novi, MI (Detroit, MI suburb)
Pay: $35-$37/hr + OT. Average 45-50 hours
Travel: This is a field service job and may have anywhere from 1-4 days a week overnight continental travel, and possibly internationally. When not travelling you will work in the Novi office.
• Flights and rental cars are paid directly by the company. Car travel will be in POV with mileage reimbursement. Hotels and food are paid out of pocket and reimbursed. Food per diem is $53/day.
As a Field Service Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Provide customers with in-house or on-site repair, troubleshooting, maintenance, and programming services for robots on an emergency or 24/7 basis.
• Man customer service hotline.
• Discuss, diagnose, & repair of robot systems.
• Document robot and related equipment performance and report results for the purpose of troubleshooting, repairing, and restarting the system.
• Coordinate activities, update status and availability with Local Manager.
• Complete detailed Field Service reports for each customer call and document service interventions in CRM database.
• Coordinate responsibilities, activities, and schedule with Local Manager to ensure customer satisfaction and proper billing.
• Communicate frequently with customer to ensure that all expectations are being met.
• Return of parts issued for the service call but not purchased by the customer, or defective parts replaced under normal service call or warranty.
• Associate degree in Mechatronics or equivalent training and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical prints, and related technical documentation.
• Electrical / Mechanical troubleshooting, teardown, and repair experience.
• Minimum of three years automation and/or technical service experience preferred.
• Ability to learn structured text programming language.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Valid passport or ability to get a passport.
• Willing and able to undertake travel up to 75-80% of the time.
• Training may require international travel.