Date Posted: 4/22/2021 1:11:08 PM
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $18 - $22
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Technician positions with a full-service commercial real estate firm that offers its clients a full range of commercial brokerage and asset services.
Location: Downtown Indianapolis, IN (you will service apartments within a 10-20 minute radius of the city)
Salary: $18/hr ~ $22/hr (based on experience) + OT + $30/per week (when on call) = 1st year W2 ~ $40K - $47K. $1000 sign on bonus.
Shift: While this role is primarily 1st shift, candidates will be on-call and required to come in for emergencies. On-call shifts are typically rotated every other week, but they are flexible if you cannot be on-call a specific week. Call-ins aren’t common but can happen.
Benefits: Our client offers excellent industry-standard benefits to include comprehensive Medical / Dental / Vision insurance, flexible spending, generous vacation time (15 pto days initially), a 401k match (35/100 cents up to 4%), a $200 tool reimbursement each year, and much more.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for all phases of general repair maintenance, physical condition of the property, and preventative maintenance programs of the property, while under general supervision. You will perform preventative maintenance on equipment and systems as required. You will help fulfill and complete work order requests while providing excellent customer service. If you enjoy the luxury of working both inside a maintained temperature building while also having time to step outside and enjoy the weather while landscaping and performing other duties, this job is for you. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure clean, marketable curb appeal by painting, cleaning, de-trashing the grounds, and other tasks related to the curb appeal of the property as needed and assigned.
• Grounds work as required which may include mowing, weeding, snow removal, and other lawn care and landscaping duties as may be assigned.
• Residential maintenance shall refurbish vacancies within 5 working days when possible.
• Participate in performance improvement and information management activities.
• Maintain a good rapport with other staff members as well as with vendors and residents.
• This position is great for an all-around handyman who is very good at working with their hands in unique situations.
• Multiple skillsets dealing with repair and preventative duties.
• It is of UTMOST IMPORTANCE that candidates are great at building relationships with tenants and enjoy interacting with them while representing the company to the highest level of professionalism.
• Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation as you will be driving your personal vehicle between sites. The company provides reimbursements per mile based on the federal mileage rate for your travel.