Date Posted: 5/20/2020 5:11:29 PM
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Job Type: Full Time
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Sales Representative positions with a company that specializes in the design and optimization of compressed air systems to provide effective solutions that have the best ratio in terms of power and energy savings.
As a Sales Representative, you will be responsible for business development (through lead track-down and referrals), and the support of existing accounts. You will work closely with the service department to ensure all customer questions and concerns from start to finish of the project are addressed to full satisfaction. Responsibilities will include:
• Prepare and submit quotations to customers.
• Identify and develop new business opportunities in assigned territory.
• Maintain business relationships with existing customers and maximize sales.
• Present products and services offered by the company during site visits and trade shows.
• Assess needs and propose solutions for energy conservation and equipment maintenance.
• Monitor the project throughout the sales process.
• Update customer information routinely and continue contact/relationship development throughout.
• Establish quality, long-lasting relationships with customers and suppliers.
Location: Remote in Central NJ (Ocean, Monmouth, Mercer, Union, Middlesex, Somerset and Hunterdon counties)
Salary: $55,000 base in your first year, plus commissions on all invoices written in your territory (that starts immediately; no required ramp-up or book of business development period), and a yearly bonus of $10K to $13K. Top performers are earning $135K+ in their second year and $200K+ by their third, and the best part is the base never goes away or decreases. Role also provides a car allowance or company car with gas card.
Reports To: Director, U.S. Sales
Travel: Regionally focused with travel located around assigned territory; home most nights.
Schedule: This position is a day job (not tied to shift hours), but applicants should have schedule flexibility. As with any sales position, there will be times you will want to/need to work extended hours in order to see a process/sale through to closing/completion.
Benefits: Our client knows that in order to maintain its reputation as a top provider, it must retain the top people, and that means not only a strong salary, but a culture that rewards achievement and encourages going the extra mile. The company offers not only a very competitive salary, but a generous medical and dental coverage plan, along with a strong company match 401k. You will also receive a laptop, phone, and either a company logoed vehicle, or a car allowance.
• Ideal candidate for this position will have 4+ years’ experience developing and maintaining relationships that revolve around acceptance of ideas and/or products.
• Industrial sales experience, preferably experience with compressed air.
• Selling is something everyone does, but the successful candidate can find those instances and highlight the successes as well as the lessons learned.
• Must be driven, confident, and polished in verbal/written communication skills as well as ability to present.
• Possess a technical familiarity as the role requires an understanding of basic engineering concepts, though an engineering degree is not required. Familiarity with compressed air systems very strongly desired.
• Possess strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
• Proven relationship building and fostering.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics and technical diagrams.
• Ability to adapt to regular changes and multi-task where appropriate.
• Confidence and strong verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Motivation and the integrity to see a sale through to proper completion/closure.
Learn More & Apply:
Learn more about the Company and the Sales Rep position here.