Date Posted: 4/22/2021 12:50:48 PM
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $35 - $45
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with a global service organization specializing in supporting customers in the processing, packaging, and material handling markets.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Hours: 50-55 hours/week, 70-80% travel (mostly regional travel)
Benefits: Our client offers its staff a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account including Dependent Care, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401-K (4% matching), 120hrs Paid Vacation Time, and 10 Paid Holidays. Hourly differential for OT(1.5x)/Saturdays(1.5x)/Sundays(2x)/Holidays(3x).
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for exceeding expectations in response times, first time fixes, and customer satisfaction services with an intensive travel requirement.? Responsibilities will include:
• Travel extensively and efficiently to customer sites and provide?installation, commissioning, emergency on-site repairs, preventative maintenance, audits, retrofits, and training services.
• Perform extensive mechanical and electrical modifications including PLC program modifications and servo drive reconfigurations.
• Support the ongoing development and adherence to all?company?procedure guides, policies, and processes diligently as well as meeting the required standards.
• Maintain first time fix, field response time, and customer satisfaction rate at the target level. ?
• Hold site visit meetings with assigned contact, including opening scope and exit meetings.
• Responsible for coordinating communication between the field, line management, and the internal support staff.?
• Responsible for timely and accurate documenting and reporting of all service-related activities.
• Provide timely feedback to?quality?department on equipment reliability and design.
• Adhere to all onsite training requirements as requested.
• Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
• Conduct training with customer’s personnel to ensure?an understanding of the theory of operation, proper functionality, and general maintenance of equipment.
• Participate in the rotation of weekend on-call duties.
• Fill-in for technical phone support personnel during vacations or illnesses.
• Ensure paperwork, timesheets, CRM entries, expenses, and other paperwork functions are done promptly, on time, and to a high quality.
• Periodically perform technical support, final assurance, or other duties at company HQ.
• Minimum of AAS or BS in Mechatronics, EE, EET, EECS or Industrial Electronics or military equivalent.
• Minimum of five years’ experience diagnosing, troubleshooting,?emergency service, and repairing electronics and mechanical machine problems in the field or commensurate military experience.
• Experience and ability to travel extensively throughout the week away from home.
• Experience with troubleshooting PLCs and making minor program edits.
• Experience with PLC-HMI integration a plus.
• Must enjoy taking on challenges and have advanced critical thinking skills.
• Strong attention to detail and administrative experience are also highly valued.