Date Posted: 9/13/2022 10:42:01 AM
Location: Sheridan, MI
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $62,000 - $62,000
Under general supervisor, assists in preparation of hospital, clinic and departmental financial statements; maintains records and follow-up documentation. Develops and maintains Excel spreadsheets for various accounting and financial projects; provides clerical support; assists with budgets; analyzes and monitors financial data, trends, and indicators. Accumulates facts and information in specific accounting areas and summarizes in proper form. Analyzes financial data for discrepancies or errors; reconciles data.
• Promote the mission, values, and vision of the hospital
• Maintain specified hospital and clinic financial records; maintains and reconciles account ledgers; maintains and enters monthly journal entries, maintains and reconciles bank accounts. Analyzes accounts to trace discrepancies or errors.
• Assist in developing and maintain advanced Excel spreadsheets for a variety of applications.
• Assist in preparation of internal departmental budgets and submits periodic budget reports to state.
• Assist in preparation of annual cost report.
• Assist in preparation for annual independent audit. Provides accurate and reliable information as needed for any other reports or audits as requested.
• Submit reports and respond to inquiries from state and federal agencies, third-party payers, and other outside parties.
• Assist in preparation of reports and financial statements for Board Meetings.
• Analyze and monitors financial data, trends, and indicators. This review and analysis is both on a standard, ongoing basis as well as on request.
• Assess financial impact of proposed services and programs and monitors financial cost/benefit of existing programs and services.
• Analyze and report fiscal activity, makes recommendations, and/or takes appropriate action to reduce the cost of providing services.
• Investigate, gather information, and answer routine queries arising from CFO, Administration and Directors.
• Prepare statistical reports and create standard and ad hoc reports for CFO and other departments as requested.
• Develop and maintain a good knowledge of Sheridan Community Hospital processes and procedures in regards to the accounting system.
• Apply basic accounting knowledge and techniques to all areas of work, including routine costing and variance analysis.
• Perform financial calculations to support financial transactions.
• Participate in performance improvement.
• Provide clerical and general support to CFO as directed.
• Assist the CFO and Administrator with special projects reports as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
• Complete annual education requirements.
• Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled.
• Wear furnished identification badge while on duty.
• Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
• Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
• Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
• Communicate the mission, ethics and goals of the organization.
• Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• Attend regular staff meetings and in-services.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting.
• Two to Five years accounting experience
• Advanced skills in Excel
• Previous hospital experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of administrative services.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Good judgment in determining work assignments
• Works independently, exercises creativity, is attentive to detail, and maintains a positive attitude.
• Can manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities, able to prioritize scheduling of work.
• Completes work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
• Maintains confidentiality of all medical, financial, and other information.
• Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Handles difficult situations involving customers, physicians, or others in a professional manner.
• Able to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
• Knowledge and awareness of the application of relevant national accounting standards.