Date Posted: 9/14/2021 11:40:18 AM
Location: Columbus, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $23 - $30
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Mechanic positions with a leading dealer in Columbus for new, used & rental forklift trucks, pallet jacks, warehouse racking & equipment service.
Location: Columbus, OH (must reside within 60 mins of city center)
Compensation: $23-$30/hr, depending on qualifications / $3-5% bonus / relocation package / certifications to increase pay / Company vehicle, insurance, and gas paid.
Travel Requirements: Local travel daily from home base to client sites
Shift Work: no shift, 8am-5pm daily M-F. You will develop your own schedule based on required calls.
Training: Service Technicians participate in a comprehensive training program including ride-alongs with other service technicians and trainers, an annual week long training event, and more.
Benefits: Our client offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package, as well as a company vehicle, credit card, phone, and laptop.
• Competitive Total Compensation
• An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company today is owned by its employees.
• Health, Vision, Dental and Disability Insurance
• Free Training
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off – 2 weeks to start
• Retirement plan
• Vision insurance
As a Field Service Mechanic, you get to provide top notch customer service as you troubleshoot, repair, and maintain industrial Yale forklifts. Responsibilities will include:
• Quickly and accurately diagnose equipment issues and determine what is needed to get the equipment running again.
• Maintain parts and supplies in your (company provided) service vehicle in order to have the right tools on hand to solve customer problems.
• Communicate with customers, teach them how to correctly use equipment and decrease future needs - making you a true asset to your customers.
• HS Diploma or equivalent required. Vocational training a plus.
• Valid driver’s license required. Service Technicians drive to and from customer sites daily, averaging about 500 miles/week.
• Must be able to lift 60 pounds, with most items weighing between 2 and 20 pounds.
• Experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing wheeled vehicle equipment such as heavy equipment, forklifts, trucks, etc.
• Knowledge of repairing mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems, air and combustion engines, and diesel-gas-LP powered engines.
• Experience working in direct contact with customers on service-related activities.
• Field Service experience strongly preferred but not required.