Date Posted: 9/15/2020 11:55:46 AM
Location: Anoka, MN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $29 - $29
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Maintenance Technician position.
Position Description: Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician position at the Anoka, MN plant is a multi-craft position that requires a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic. This position provides emergency and routine maintenance support to the operations departments in an industrial/automated environment
• Perform Quick Repair for Trouble Calls from Operating Technicians
• Focus on safety, quality, 5'S and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
• Maintenance Tech will repair, replace/install, motor starters, circuit breakers, wiring of 3 phase motors, troubleshoot for minor electrical systems (start Stop, Switches)
• This position will run conduit, pull wire as well as install motors of all types and sizes.
• Welding fabrication of structural steel type welding cutting, pipe welding, leak-proof.
• Read schematics and troubleshoot Gas Fired Equipment. Replace fire eyes, pressure switches, blowers, valves, etc.
• Troubleshooting set up of AC/DC drives.
• When problems arise with our manufacturing equipment, the Maintenance Technician on shift will troubleshoot and repair the system as quickly as possible to maximize production up-time
• The Maintenance Technician will also perform periodic scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration on all manufacturing equipment.
• The Maintenance Technician, MUST have a strong electrical background with demonstrated experience in troubleshooting, of PLCs drives, motors, and other electrical components.
• The Maintenance Technician, will also be responsible for performing preventative and regular maintenance of equipment, conducting equipment and building safety checks and correcting non-conformities, completing paperwork and checklists, troubleshooting and repair of equipment during downtime situations.
• Qualified candidate will perform duties associated with the installation, repair, modification and preventative maintenance of electrical, PLC, hydraulic and pneumatic driven production equipment with an emphasis on electrical and PLC systems.
• Responsible for the repair and maintenance of mechanical drive systems, steam, water, air, hand valves, piping, and minor electrical work in the main plant and warehouse.
• Documents time spent on job to include troubleshooting, repair, delays, preparation, part and tool retrieval, etc. in an effort to enable continuous improvement and craftsmen utilization. Required to document all work performed accurately in computerized maintenance management system.
Location: Anoka, MN
Shift: Openings (2nd shift, Monday – Friday)
Compensation: Starting wage $28.69 + OT + Win Bonus = W2 Expected $70K+
These positions are ideal for current/former military technicians that possess outstanding electrical/electronic troubleshooting abilities with some controls understanding/experience &/or excellent mechanical aptitude/experience. The best candidates will have experience PLC troubleshooting and working with 480V. You must have a history of success to include your work performance, schooling, promotion paths, and ability to excel against your peers and candidates for these roles. You must be willing to share skills to help others develop, possess excellent communication skills, and be committed to providing a high level of detail and pride towards system & equipment maintenance work, projects, and programs.
What’s in it for you? This is a full-time position with competitive salary package and excellent benefits:
• Vacation: 1 year = 84 hours 5 years = 120 hours 15 years = 168 hours
• 401K Savings Plan
• Eligible after 1 year of service
• Can contribute up to 25% of earnings
• Immediate vesting
• Life insurance & AD&D at salary rounded up to the next $1000
• Short – term disability
• Pension Plan
• Other Benefits (available after 30 days of service)
• Medical-Blue Cross/Blue Shield Preferred Care (Vision Plan and prescription drug card included) – Premium for Single Coverage $4.98, Teammate plus 1 - &12.00, Family -$18.00 (per week)
• Delta Dental – Premium for Single Coverage $15.81; Family Coverage $39.91 (per month)
• Tax-free accounts (misc. medical)
• Voluntary life insurance & AD&D
• Tire Purchase 35% discount off list price at Firestone Master Care Stores for tires and discounts on service
• Credit Union: Beacon Federal Credit Union & AEDC
• Tuition Reimbursement
• BFNT Shirts – BFS provides a clothing allowance of $150.00 / year to purchase shirts and/or safety shoes (BFNT will provide you with the first six (6) shirts.)
• Holidays: 88 hours of holiday per pay year; 2 shut downs per year (July 4 and Christmas)
• Tool & Uniform allowance provided