Date Posted: 1/13/2022 10:47:05 AM
Location: Washington DC, DC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $30 - $40
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Commercial HVAC Technician
Location: DC Metro Area
Shift: M-F; 6:30 am – 2:00 pm; rotating on-call shifts
Salary: $30-$40/hr + OT and On Call pay
Benefits: Offers a competitive benefits package including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Ins., Disability Ins., Supplemental Ins., 401k, Flexible Spending (FSA), Company vehicle + gas card
Position Description: Commercial HVAC Technician
This is the perfect position for a US Navy Hull Technician or Machinist’s Mate, but the company is looking for all prior US Navy Engineers with good work ethic!
• Installs, connects, and adjusts thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
• Repairs or replaces defective equipment, components, or wiring.
• Joins pipes or tubing to equipment and to fuel, water, or refrigerant source, to form complete circuit.
• Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metal-working tools and welding equipment.
• Tests electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
• Disassembles system and cleans and oils parts.
• Assembles, positions, and mounts heating or cooling equipment, following blueprints.
• Tests pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
• Installs auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues and stokers, following blueprints.
• Adjusts system controls to setting recommended by manufacturer to balance system, using hand tools.
• Inspects and tests system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions.
• Discusses heating-cooling system malfunctions with users to isolate problems or to verify malfunctions have been corrected.
• Inspects inoperative equipment to locate source of trouble.
• Studies blueprints to determine configuration of heating or cooling equipment components.
• Lays out and connects electrical wiring between controls and equipment according to wiring diagram, using electrician's hand tools.
• Reassembles equipment and starts unit to test operation.
• Measures, cuts, threads, and bends pipe or tubing, using pipefitter's tools.
• Cuts and drills holes in floors, walls, and roof to install equipment, using power saws and drills.
** This position does not require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, but if you are not vaccinated, you will have to comply with weekly COVID testing. **
** This is a field service position where you will be operating within a 40-60 mile radius serving DE, VA, DC, MD and some locations in WV. **