Date Posted: 10/15/2021 5:08:44 PM
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $30 - $34
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Industrial Mechanic positions with a pioneer of the frozen bakery industry and a market leader (the fifth largest frozen bakery in the world) with a presence in more than 50 countries and 21 facilities around the world.
Location: Ronkonkoma, NY
Hours: Wed-Sun 4p-12a. Work weekdays are flexible, but standard is Wednesday-Sunday.
Benefits: Our client offers a wide variety of benefits including 401(k), medical/dental/vision insurance, short and long-term disability benefits, 5-days PTO to start, 10 paid holidays, 6 personal days, paid continuing education and certification courses (PLCs, machining/lathing/welding, etc.).
As an Industrial Mechanic, you will be responsible for performing major and minor maintenance and repairs throughout the facility including fabrication of minor parts. You will be responsible for equipment troubleshooting and the retrofit of equipment with controls needed to improve the efficiency and performance of devices to maximize up time. Primary responsibilities will include:
• Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on various machines; following diagrams, machine manuals, manufacturer's instructions. This includes preventive maintenance on forklifts, batteries, loading docks, and doors.
• Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, straight edges, and other tools necessary.
• Troubleshoot malfunctions by locating sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems; and planning the repairs for issues that occur.
• Perform minor and major repairs while learning how to determine the diagnostics for the repair. Generate paperwork for parts and work orders for service including tracking of the forklifts.
• Assist with replacing electrical components as needed such as 3 phase motors, VFD’s, sensors, motor starters, power supplies, and position sensing devices.
• Remove defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, hand, and power tools; examining devices for repair and/or replacement.
• Through use of CMMS, complete scheduled and emergency Work Orders to maintain optimum manufacturing line efficiencies. Record data into MP2 as required.
• Perform plumbing and welding as needed including part fabrication.
• Inform supervisors and others in the management team regarding potential hazards and recommend corrective solutions.
• Perform all work in accordance with OHSA standards for general industry.
• Keep abreast of new technology, devices, and manufacturing processes.
• Follow blueprints, install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment or conveyors, as well as troubleshoot and perform safety control testing.
• Attend company scheduled meetings as required (e.g., safety meetings, production meetings, department meetings).
• Responsible for addressing all mechanical issues during shift.
• Timely inform supervision of any problems or complications that may arise.
• Participate in special projects and performs other duties as required.
• As an employee, must also be aware of issues associated with food safety and safe food handling practices that are relevant to your job. Formal training is not required, but in house Food Safety Training conducted by a qualified staff member is mandatory. You must know how to recognize, prevent, and alleviate food safety hazards. This position requires good working knowledge of the SQF code.
• Proficient in electrical installations, maintenance, and repair in all settings.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Good interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently.
• Proficient in Microsoft, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, G-Mail, and MP2.
• Must be able to operate industrial forklifts, equipment, or tools.
• Flexible to work overtime including weekends as needed.
• Knowledge of electrical tools and machines used in setting.
• Working knowledge of motor controllers and industrial controls.
• Ability to measure size and dimension by means of calipers and to interpret bar graphs.
• Basic understanding of AC & DC Voltages, 24-480V.
• Basic understanding and monitoring of basic refrigeration work.