Date Posted: 10/22/2021 3:24:39 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Min Years Experience Required: 10
Required Degree: Bachelors
Salary (USD): $130,000
Orion is partnering with a leading global designer, manufacturer, and distributor of RF and microwave components and integrated assemblies. Headquartered in New York City, the company has locations in over 30 countries. The company's products are used in aerospace, cellular wireless, Mil-Spec, satellite, RFID, CATV/Broadband, test instrumentation and diagnostic imaging applications for industrial, commercial and military customers. The company is focused on quality, innovative design, world-class customer service and long-term stability, and they have become a preferred supplier to over 20,000 worldwide customers.
If you are a problem-solver who seeks constant learning and a fun and challenging environment that recognizes your accomplishments, look no further.
Position Description: Demand Planning Manager
Reporting to the Director of Planning & Production Control, the Demand Planning Manager will create, implement and manage a structured cross-functional demand planning team.
Due to exciting growth, the company is expanding their supply chain management capability by adding a person who can envision, build and manage the optimal process for our business forecasting including the implementation of supply chain software that supports and contributes to the achievement of our business goals.
Location: Brooklyn, NY, preferred – can be NYC Metro remote to be close to Senior Management.
Compensation: $130K base salary, or more, depending on experience - plus Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive corporate benefits
Relocation: Relocation benefits available (cash amount)
• Lead a multi-cultural team of 6-10 Planners
• Lead and drive the design of a demand planning process, including the implementation of supply chain software
• Hire, train and develop a demand planning team
• Collaborate with key stakeholders from sales and marketing, product development, finance and supply chain to achieve a monthly consensus plan.
• Develop and manage a product segmented, global demand planning process that supports the creation and monthly refinement of a 12-month rolling forecast
• Own the demand planning process within planning and S&OP framework
• Develop and implement key performance measures for demand planning to support learning and continuous improvement
• Analyze market and customer sales data to provide business insight to internal stakeholders
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Master’s Degree preferred
• Experience in supply chain with specific leadership roles in demand planning and S&OP
• Proven success in leading teams and demand planning processes
• Proven track record of successfully working with all levels within an organization
• Ability to collect and analyze data to develop conclusions and solve problems
• Deep knowledge in demand planning process and how it relates to Sales & Operations Planning and supply execution.
• APICS certification preferred
• Experience as a Demand Planning SW Super-user
• Experience with Supply Chain Planning software solutions
• Ability to travel (when appropriate)
• An innovative mindset – someone who can look outside the box to lead a best practice process
• Has the ability to assess detailed information and conceptualize innovative solutions to strategic business challenges
• Ability to translate strategic vision into tactical actions required for successful implementation and execution
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate change proposals and influence leaders at all levels in the organization.
• Accuracy, analytical skills and attention to detail are required
• Leader, team player, cooperative, fast-learner
• Values diversity and difference
• Organized and focused
The Bottom Line:
Our client is looking for a highly skilled and experienced, process-oriented Planner/Planning Leader with strong analytical abilities, the ability to lead a diverse team, high initiative and exceptional communication skills to collaborate with senior management, engineering and production. You must be an innovative team player who seeks challenges and will take ownership to help build a more strategic supply chain organization. Beyond experience and talent, you must have the character, integrity and entrepreneurial spirit to anticipate needs/problems and proactively drive solutions.