Date Posted: 7/30/2020 3:42:01 PM
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $23 - $27
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with an aggressively growing national packaging distribution company headquartered in Gallatin, TN. Our client supports all industry types in their packaging material, machinery, and technical service needs.
As a Field Service Technician, you will provide excellent technical services and customer service experiences maintaining strong relationships with manufacturers, suppliers, and sales representatives. Responsibilities will include:
• Perform all on-site installation, repair, maintenance, and test tasks providing instructional training to customers
• Diagnose errors or technical problems by visual and auditable inspection of machines and determine proper solutions
• Dismantle machines and equipment to gain access to and resolve issues
• Diagnose, install, and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers and wiring, electrical, electronic components of machinery and equipment
• Consistently deliver excellent customer service experiences by offering knowledge, advice, and answering questions and concern
• Coordinate with VP of Sales and Sales Representatives to provide excellent customer support
• Continual training of equipment and resources necessary to perform the functions of the department
• Manage excellent vendor relationships by providing timely communications, problem solving, and site visits to key suppliers when necessary
• Produce timely and detailed service reports
• Attend Branch and Technical Service meetings scheduled by Service Manager or Branch Mgr.
• Monitor work procedures, work schedules, and expedite workflow
• Create and submit a completed expense report each month
Location: Indianapolis, IN – Work from Home reporting to office in Louisville, KY.
Pay: $23-$27/hr + OT (average 0-10 hours per week)
Hours: Generally 8 AM to 5 PM, but variable based on customer requirements
Travel: Daily travel within the region with rare overnight travel.
Benefits: The company benefits package includes medical/dental insurance, 401(k), 10 days’ vacation per year, 8 paid holidays, per diem, mileage/lodging reimbursement, and all tools needed for job.
• Ideal candidate for this job is a technician who possesses strong electrical skills, has a basic mechanical aptitude, and is an independent-minded, self-motivated individual comfortable working remotely.
• Service-oriented individual in order to satisfy client’s needs and build business relationships.
• Basic understanding of PLCs (Allen Bradley) is required.
• Any experience with machinery and conveyor equipment experience is a strong plus as is familiarity with scheduling and expediting the turnaround time on service calls.
• Must have dependable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
• Positive, energetic leader who excels in working in a collaborative environment.