Date Posted: 5/23/2022 11:08:53 AM
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $45,000 - $55,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions with a company that specializes in complete, end-to-end LED lighting upgrades for a variety of national and regional clients.
Location: For this position you can live Anywhere, USA within a 45-minute commute to a major airport
Pay: $45K-$55K depending on experience + monthly performance bonus (bonuses are paid per fixture installation and an average bonus is around $1K/month)
Travel: 100% travel to project sites. All travel is project-dependent, but you can come home for weekends. The company is flexible with time off due to the nature of this position. You would typically fly out on Mondays and return on Fridays. Project sites can be anywhere nationwide, and the length of the project varies from a few days to several months. All travel costs are paid by the company.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, bonus incentives, and more
Vaccination: Company does not require Covid vaccination
As a Field Service Technician, you will be part of a 3–4-person team, traveling to project sites and retrofitting existing lighting to LED fixtures. This is a great position for a transitioning veteran to gain experience in the field service world. The company provides training on equipment and installations! Responsibilities will include:
• Retrofit existing lighting fixtures, install new LED fixtures, replace sockets, install pin-based or screw in lamps.
• Use of hand and power tools to upgrade lighting fixtures.
• Assist with loading or unloading of trucks and staging material.
• Work on elevated platforms including ladders, scaffolding, scissor lifts, and other mechanized equipment.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Work safely from ladders and various lifts.
• Active Driver's License.