Date Posted: 7/8/2022 4:44:18 PM
Location: Croydon, PA
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $27 - $34
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Industrial Maintenance Mechanic positions with a company that specializes in the insulation of above-ground bulk storage tanks, pipe insulation, concrete repair, coatings, epoxies, and industrial services.
Location: Croydon, PA (˜20-30 min from Philadelphia, PA)
Compensation: Starting hourly $27-$34/hr + overtime opportunities + bonuses/subsidies ˜ 1st year $72K+
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 1st shift (could require working after hours/weekends on select projects)
Benefits: Company offers an exceptional benefits package, including a comprehensive medical/dental insurance plan, 401K retirement plan with matching, profit-based bonuses, monthly cell phone subsidy, employee assistance program, paid time off (PTO), personal/sick days, and paid holidays.
As an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, you will be responsible for troubleshooting repairs and performing preventative maintenance on industrial machinery and structures. Your efforts ensure operations, machinery, and equipment run smoothly and are critical to the company’s ability to provide top-notch customer service. Responsibilities will include:
• Read blueprints, drawings, and sketches to grasp requirements fully.
• Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
• Perform general finish carpentry, metal fabrication, concrete formwork, installation, and finishing.
• Apply epoxy / commercial coatings.
• Inspect and perform basic maintenance actions using raw materials or pre-constructed items.
• Adhere to strict safety standards, use of safety equipment for self and others.
• Interface with customers and represent the company in a positive light.
• Install new equipment and troubleshoot mechanical breakdowns.
• Adjust mechanical parts using hand and machine tools.
• Fabricate parts for repairs and machine upgrades.
• Perform sandblasting as needed.
• Proficiently operate forklifts, scissor lifts, and high reaches.
• Strong mechanical, carpentry, and concrete aptitude with the ability to work on and troubleshoot maintenance equipment.
• Advanced mechanical knowledge of industrial machinery and good time-management skills.
• Basic knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems and familiarity with safety standards and regulations (OSHA preferred).
• Be a self-starter, able to work without direct supervision, and comfortable working with people while troubleshooting / problem-solving.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills are of utmost importance.
• Previous work experience with industrial maintenance is required for this role (welding a plus).