Date Posted: 6/9/2021 1:01:59 PM
Location: Roseville, CA
Job Type: Full Time
Our client is a global leader in smart energy technology. By leveraging world-class engineering capabilities and with a relentless focus on innovation, our client creates smart energy solutions that power our lives and drive future progress. They developed the DC optimized inverter solution that changed the way power is harvested and managed in photovoltaic (PV) systems.
Position: Technical Support
Location: Roseville, CA
Salary: $20 per hour / OT eligible
The Technical Support role represents the company in a professional call center environment. This position helps support customers in troubleshooting and diagnosing company products in solar installations. There are many opportunities to promote within the organization. People that started at Tier I Tech Support have become Team Leads, Tier 3 Tech Support, Field Service Engineers and even joined the Marketing Team.
• Answer inbound calls and e-mails from customers in a prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous manner documenting all information into a CRM software system.
• Provide support in troubleshooting solar products by using general knowledge, product schematics, data stored in knowledge-base, and other sources of information available.
• Work together with operations to verify and issue returns when needed.
• Provide input to update knowledge database used by other technical support representatives.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to build rapport and establish/keep working relationships with customers, peers and managers.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English using proper grammar.
• General understanding of Microsoft Office products and the ability to adapt to other computer systems quickly and utilize them efficiently while on the phone with a caller.
• AA or technical degree or equivalent professional training.
• Preferably, two years’ experience in a support center (call center) environment, technical helpline and/or remote support services.
• One-year solar industry experience highly preferred, but not required.
• Experience with solar electric products and National Electric Code (NEC) is helpful.
• Spanish speaking highly preferred, but not required.
• Ability to stay calm and demonstrate effective time management in a high stress environment.
• Strong typing experience.
• Exceptional listening and questioning skills.
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced environment.