Date Posted: 6/29/2020 9:56:18 AM
Location: Hebron, KY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $55,000 - $65,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Technician positions with a leading blow molding manufacturing company that produces blow molded bottles and containers for a wide variety of industries and companies nationwide, including specialty beverage, dairy, water, juice, food and food service, chemical, healthcare, and many other local, regional, and national grocery, restaurant, convenience stores, and retail companies. Our client’s bottles and containers are made with the highest quality and come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and materials suitable for every industry and customer. Headquartered in Nashua, NH, the company has 10 manufacturing plants nationwide.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will repair and maintain production line equipment such as production machinery and equipment, conveyor systems, automated production lines, engines, motors, and other electrically driven mechanical/pneumatic systems for production. In this role you must ensure continuous and efficient operation of all production line equipment and systems, while minimizing production and operation down time and maximizing plant productivity. Responsibilities will include:
• Work directly with the Maintenance Supervisor and other technicians to troubleshoot/repair equipment.
• Quickly respond to Production line calls so Production personnel know the status of their machinery and repairs.
• Operate machinery in order to test their performance.
• Troubleshoot and repair Production department electro-mechanical equipment.
• Adjust functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
• Dismantle machinery to gain access to and remove/repair defective parts.
• Inspect some used and new parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements and to detect imperfections.
• Efficiently track daily work and time for each job and summarize time spent on each work category each day.
• Initiate purchase orders for parts and equipment for maintenance and repair operations.
• Evaluate and recommend improvements in methods, procedures, and processes.
• Perform PM’s and lubrication for all Production Line machinery and equipment.
• Perform all work utilizing Good Manufacturing Practices and following all plant safety rules.
Location: Hebron, KY (located in Northern KY about 15 minutes SW of downtown Cincinnati)
Pay: Initial starting base of $25-$27/hr depending on qualifications and experience + O/T paid at 1.5X base after 40 hours. Total 1st Year ~$60K+
Shift: Openings on day shift (7am-7pm) with an alternating weekly schedule of Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat, one week then Sun, Wed, Thu the next, then repeat. You will work 48 hours one week, then 36 hours the next, with every other weekend off.
Benefits: Our client thrives in providing quality products and services and having employees who are proud to be a part of the team. One of its core employment pillars is providing a work environment that allows employees to flourish and grow. The company competitive benefits packages include; vacation, holidays, medical, dental, vision, and 401k programs.
Career Progression: At the company, you will have the opportunity to perform, grow with an outstanding company, and be promoted based on your performance and maintenance work. It selects top-performing technicians for key maintenance lead positions, which provide an outstanding opportunity for you to promote maintenance leadership roles in 2-3 years and eventual Maintenance Manager & beyond!
• These positions are ideal for current/former military technicians that possess outstanding system troubleshooting abilities with excellent electro-mechanical experience.
• Experience working on electrical/electronic systems with good mechanical inclination as a maintenance technician.
• Have a history of success to include your work performance, schooling, promotion paths, and ability to excel against your peers and candidates for these roles.
• Willing to share skills to help others develop, possess excellent communication skills, and be committed to providing a high level of detail and pride towards system and equipment maintenance work, projects, and programs with a focus on safe operations.
• Able to start with their own basic maintenance tool set.