Date Posted: 10/6/2021 2:27:40 PM
Location: Manhattan, NY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $125,000 - $135,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Facility Manager
Salary: $125K+ plus bonus
Benefits: Offers generous 401K matching to include “safe harbor” contributions from H-P; premium-free medical insurance; no-cost basic life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance; no-cost long-term disability insurance; optional dental and vision insurance; dependent care FSA; life assistance program; paid holidays; maternity and paternity leave; qualified retirement plan; cell phone allowance; scholarship program for children of employees; additional benefits as employees move through the ranks.
Position Description: The Facility Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the site facilities department, including client relations, business development, executing contractual deliverables associated with client contracts, and day-to-day activities of the facilities management delivery. This includes overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will assure well-managed facilities, in coordination and conjunction with the company and client’s goals and objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plans, directs and, through subordinates, supervises facility management services including building and facility operating systems maintenance, repair and improvement, and custodial services; reviews and evaluates current operating procedures and personnel practices and establishes procedures, practice and priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors; coordinates building and maintenance activities within the departments to obtain optimum production and utilization of personnel and equipment.
• Confers with specialists on energy conservation programs and techniques for facilities operations; recommends operating methods and equipment to maximize cost savings, service quality and safety.
• Supervises, trains and evaluates staff directly and through subordinate supervisors/lead workers; establishes and enforces operating and safety standards and procedures for maintenance services and repair; gives direction, resolves problems, prepares work schedules and sets deadlines to ensure completion of services.
• Coordinates preparation of the Unit’s budget; monitors budget expenditures; analyzes staffing and expenditures requests; reviews requests for additional services; prepares contract specifications and negotiates and administers service and construction agreements for maintenance and alteration services; directs reallocation of funding to cover un-projected costs.
• Completes required documentation for both the company and the client in timely manner. Documentation is legible and accurate to the best of the employee’s knowledge.
• Maintenance and preventative methods and procedures used in keeping buildings in clean and orderly condition and in maintaining and repairing utility systems and physical structures of buildings;
o Budgeting and fiscal management;
o Business practices followed to prepare bid specification, negotiate agreements and administer contracts;
o Program planning and scheduling
o Building construction methods and materials
o Estimating practices
o Safety practices.
• Ability to:
o Plan, organize and manage building operational services;
o Develop, implement and evaluate a variety of building and operation systems and preventative maintenance programs;
o Develop and implement operational and administrative goals, objectives and procedures;
o Research regulations, procedures or technical reference materials relating to building maintenance;
o Collect and analyze data to identify needs and evaluate program/product effectiveness;
o Identify and analyze administrative problem and implement operational changes;
o Understand, interpret and explain laws, regulations and policies governing building operations;
o Make decisions and independent judgments;
o Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
o Supervise the work of others;
o Delegate responsibility and authority to others;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with public officials, department heads, managers, contractors and staff.
This is a role that requires an engineering/technical background, and proven leadership abilities. The ideal candidate will be familiar with overseeing large, complicated projects that involve numerous divisions/personnel, require accurate metrics tracking, and the ability to roll up the sleeves where needed to get the job done. A prior military candidate with time as a technical/engineering division officer on a ship, a shipyard liaison officer, a Materials and/or Maintenance Officer, or something similar would do very well here.
All applicants must have:
• Bachelor's degree or Equivalent in Facilities Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Architecture, or a related field is required.
• A Master's degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Architecture, or a related field is preferred.
• Certified Facilities Manager or Professional Engineer designation is preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of relatable experience in managing a comprehensive facilities/space and maintenance organization to include construction management and master planning, or otherwise.
• Possession of a valid driver's license is a requirement for this job.