Date Posted: 11/21/2022 5:06:27 PM
Location: Central, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $60,000 - $70,000
As a Fast Track Associate Sales Representative, you will deliver value to healthcare professionals by understanding their clinical and business needs and creating unique solutions to grow market share and revenue in your assigned territory. This is a developmental role based on performance where you will have the opportunity to move into a full sales position in approximately 12 -18 months depending on your performance and availability of positions. In this role, you will acquire an in-depth understanding of the company products, complex orthopedic procedures, and how the company delivers superior technology to meet customer needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
What you will focus on:
• Completing an extensive training program to learn the anatomy, procedural treatments, trauma fixation products and effective surgical sales techniques
• Partnering with Surgeons in and out of surgery, building relationships with them, learning their needs, and demonstrating the value of company products
• Becoming a technical product expert and advising highly skilled surgeons during surgery on proper product selection and implantation methods based on individual patient requirements. Bring value to healthcare professionals such as Operating Room Directors, Central Supply Coordinators, Materials Managers, and others who will have an impact on your business
• Conducting sales calls to promote, sell, and service the company products and services to existing and competitive customers based on a strategic plan
• Assisting the Trauma Territory Manager on field calls for assigned geography and address problems that arise on the account
• Performing field ride along with the Area Director and Trauma Territory Manager on a regular basis
• Developing and increasing customer base and continually enhancing company product market share within assigned territory
• Providing feedback on topics such as product development opportunities, new target accounts, sales performance, and market feedback
• Maintaining conduct that is aligned with company quality policy and procedures. Protects confidentiality with proprietary information
• Adhering to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
• Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of the company
The ideal fit for this role is a successful prior SNCO or military officer who is intuitive, driven, willing to learn, and relentless in their pursuit of success. This position assists the Territory Manager in logistics and sales devices surrounding the trauma area of a hospital. They are expected to be in operating rooms to assist Territory Managers and surgeons to successfully complete operations.
• 1-2 years’ successful trauma, healthcare related or business to business sales experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong understanding of orthopedic anatomy preferred
• Exemplary ability to listen, communicate and influence
• Ability to travel as necessary, which may include nights and/or weekends
• Strong understanding of orthopedic anatomy
• Ability to make sales presentations with positive results
• Ability to carry instrument/implant sets up to 30 pounds
Location: Denver, Los Ángeles, Sacramento, San Diego, Dallas TX, and Austin TX
Compensation: $60K-$70K base for the first year. OTE after 2+ years is $100k+
Travel: Daily travel is required in the assigned area. Overnights may be required depending on the operating schedule.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance – Company offers a selection of comprehensive health insurance plans for employees and eligible dependents. Effective day 1.
- FSA Accounts – Pre-Tax savings and spending accounts to pay for dependent care expenses.
- 401k plan with company match.
- PTO: Holiday, vacation, sick, and personal and inclement weather are offered as paid days off.
- Employee stock options – Share in the financial success of the company through the Stock Option Program.
- Education Assistance – They offer tuition reimbursement to all eligible employees.
Keys to Success / Other:
The company is at the peak of medical device sales. The trauma division within this organization is a fast paced, high-volume environment. A 24/7 mentality is key to understanding how success is defined in this role. A person who works with them as a FT Sales Associate is expected and encouraged to grow into a territory manager and begin a quota carrying career. Success in this position is driven by the employee and no one else. Being dedicated to learning the product and honing the skills will accelerate you through this program.