Date Posted: 7/21/2022 3:02:37 PM
Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $55,000 - $65,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for UPS Field Service Technician positions with an independent Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) service provider and equipment sales organization.
Location: greater Charlotte area, NC
Compensation: $55K-$65K salary. If you are new out of the military with no UPS experience, you will start at the lower end of the salary range with a 90-day review to earn an increase. If you come to the company with UPS experience, you will be higher on the salary range. At the end of the day the better you interview and demonstrate your experience and skills the more you will be paid.
Travel: This is a traveling position, and you should be flexible to travel daily throughout the week. You will receive a company car, cell phone, credit card, laptop, and all tools necessary to complete assigned work. All expenses are either reimbursed or advanced when you travel.
Schedule: You will average 80 hours every two weeks. If you work 60 hours in one week you will only work ~20 hours the following week. You won’t earn overtime, but you will be compensated with time off instead.
• Full Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• 401k: After 6 months service, PPSC will match up to 5%
As an UPS Field Service Technician
• Perform routine UPS and Battery System maintenance (VRLA & Flooded Cell).
• Electrical equipment troubleshooting, primarily UPS.
• Interpretation of technical documentation and schematics.
• Complete accurate paperwork for each job performed on site or within 24 hrs.
• Proper utilization and care of electrical test equipment, tools, and all other company assets.
• Military veteran with an electronics or electrical background.
• If you have specific experience servicing, troubleshooting, installing, and maintaining critical power equipment you are already way ahead of the power curve (pun intended) with training.
• As important, if not more, is your customer service skills and personality. You will be dealing directly with customers daily and your ability to defuse a situation and get the problem solved quickly while maintaining a positive and professional attitude is CRITICAL.
• Familiarity with use of electrical test equipment including Digital Voltmeter, Oscilloscopes, Battery Test meter (Hioki), Power Analyzer, etc.
• Ability to lift and move equipment with weights up to 75 lbs.
• Detailed and clear oral and written communication skills.