Date Posted: 6/9/2021 3:08:47 PM
Location: Lexington, KY
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $100,000 - $135,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Substation Project Manager positions with one of the top 100 engineering firms in the country, specializing in providing dependable automation, consulting, and engineering services to pipeline companies, gas and electric utilities, and industrial customers.
Location: Lexington, KY
Compensation: Base salary $100K - $135K
Travel: Less than 10%
Schedule: Generally, a traditional day 40 hour work week. Some non-traditional hours may be necessary.
Benefits: Our client offers an industry-standard benefits package, including comprehensive health, dental, vision, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability, 401(k), etc.
As a Substation Project Manager, you will be responsible for performing a variety of activities related to the assessment, design, and construction of new and upgraded transmission line facilities and substations. You will oversee the standards, quality control, resource contracting, and activity coordination with the design team with stakeholders and other departments to ensure timely delivery within budget allotments. You will need to be able to manage multiple teams to meet stakeholder expectations during the design and construction of new and upgraded transmission line and substation projects. You will track and ensure safety, quality, cost, and schedule are met across all deliverable objectives. You will also ensure engineering and design, route/site selection, production of construction drawings/specifications, and preparation of bills of material for projects are completed consistent with corporate objectives and in accordance with industry, governmental, regulatory, and RUS standards or rules.
• Bachelor’s Degree Engineering or other technical discipline. Those without an engineering degree should be prepared to provide compelling experience in utilities/facilities construction or power generation.
• Ideal fits for this role include Junior Military Officers and those with CEC or SeaBee backgrounds. Those with Nuclear backgrounds may be a fit as well.
• 3-10 years of Project Management Experience, Power Generation, Renewable Energy, and Utilities preferred.
• Knowledge and ability to follow appropriate project management processes in planning and execution.
• Experience with CADD systems, Power Line Systems (PLS) preferred.
• Proficient with project scoping, cost estimation development, planning, execution, and coordination with teams and stakeholders.
• Previous experience in program or project management (PMP is a plus).
• Ability to work independently as well as a coordinator for multiple teams or individuals with varying assigned tasks.
• Outstanding organization, communication, and documentation are essential.
• Ability to work in an office and visit project sites and wear applicable PPE.
• Project specific travel may be required, primarily in Kentucky.