Date Posted: 12/21/2020 10:35:25 AM
Location: Fremont, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $19 - $24
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Thermoforming Operator positions with a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal care, and other products. Our client works with leading companies around the world to protect its products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services.
Location: Fremont, OH (~30 minutes southeast of Toledo metro and ~75 minutes west of Cleveland metro)
Pay: $19.28 – $23.98/hr starting base rate, depending on skillsets and experience + O/T + shift premium for off-shift work + profit sharing payout. Total Realistic 1st Yr. $45K-$55K+
Shift: 8-hour assigned day, mid, or night production shift, typically Mon. – Fri. with flex otherwise as needed for production.
Benefits: Our client offers an unmatched, wide-ranging, and complete benefits package including comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs, insurance, training & education tuition, retention bonus, and more making the company a great place to work!
Career Progression: If you are motivated by the opportunity to step-in, hit the ground running with your skillsets and experience, and have opportunities to progress and develop professionally based on your performance and accomplishment, this company is the place for you. As you grow so does the company, which provides you an opportunity for promotion and increased responsibility, commensurate with your performance and experience. Our client promotes top performers who have learned their business and production into lead operator, shift leads, area leads, and eventually higher-level production leadership roles. Opportunities also exist in maintenance, logistics, supply chain, and other functional areas related to company production & manufacturing operations!
As a Thermoforming Operator, you will operate and ensure plant manufacturing equipment and systems produce high quality products with on-time delivery to internal and external customers. You will report directly to the shift, area, or department lead and work closely with manufacturing personnel to ensure all equipment, systems, and components operate and function together to perform production as required. The production line equipment you will operate to produce company products will vary, depending on your product line, shift, and manufacturing process at the plant, and could include: computer-controlled machines and robots, plastic injection punch presses and dies, heat treat and hot form units, or conveyor and handling systems. Your key duties are focused on safety, teamwork, quality, communication, documentation, and hands-on operations for production, and include:
• Set up machines, produce, and check parts to maintain quality standards.
• Operate and maintain all production equipment in safe manner to ensure production.
• Perform daily equipment checks & complete daily work orders with clear reports/recommendations/communication.
• Operate any necessary production support equipment such as lifts, hoists, and other handling systems.
• Sharp operator with a good mechanical aptitude and some basic mechanical skills with proven hands-on operational/field skills in operations, diagnosis, problem-solving, innovative improvement, process tracking for results achievement, and mission accomplishment.
• Proficient on a computer, have sharp attention to detail, possess good communication and interpersonal skills, and always operate in a safe manner.