Date Posted: 11/22/2022 1:40:59 PM
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Position Description: Field Systems Specialist I& II – Building Automation Solutions
Location: Norfolk, VA
Position Summary: As a System Specialist I or II you will be installing, maintaining and troubleshooting industrial and commercial Building Automation Systems. You will become the resident expert on the Building Automation System that integrates the following systems through a graphics interface program using the Insight software package:
Fire/Life Safety Security/Access
You will become an expert on computer information systems, electronic controls and mechanical systems. Siemens Smart Infrastructure is a performance-based company, which means they will evaluate you based on performance not time in grade. As a System Specialist II, you will have leadership responsibilities and will be training Specialist I levels. Your career progression is into a project engineer or project manager role and then into operational management.
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Salary and Benefits: Starting base depending on experience – plus overtime at time and a half. Vehicle, cell phone, gas & laptop. Siemens offers an excellent benefits package including consumer-driven health plan (full medical/dental/vision); ADD/STD/LTD and life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; tuition assistance; a matching 401K – dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary; other fringe benefits (product / service discounts, exceptional work-life balance programs, scholarship programs for children, generous vacation / leave policies, etc.). Extensive product training and professional career development.
Travel: You will be traveling locally around the areas listed pending your location.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Please be aware you are starting at the bottom of Siemens technical field and there is a lot of room for growth as you learn and become more capable. If you want a career where you are constantly growing your knowledge and skills, Siemens is the place to be. After 4-5 years there are multiple areas of strengths you will have developed. The best people have enough knowledge and hands on skills that they could be hired to do all the following jobs: Electronics and Computer hardware repair, Computer programmer, IT systems, electronics, electrician, plumber, pipe fitter, consulting engineer, Commissioning agent, construction project manager, etc. Siemens will spend $250K on you in your first year in training!!
• Military candidates who are competent in at least 1 of these areas are the exact profile that Siemens is looking for! Military candidates with a background as an Electronics Technician, Mechanic (HVAC is a plus), IT and Computer Systems Technician, Electrician and/or Electro-Mechanical systems are highly desired!!
• Must have an excellent attitude, great customer service skills, and be willing to learn!
• Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations.
Keys to Success:
• Explain your Technical Experience through real world examples
• Quantify your skills and accomplishments
• Confidence, not arrogance
• BE PREPARED WITH QUESTIONS - Always come with minimum 5 questions written down in case they end up answering a few on their own.
o Do NOT ask “me” questions. Only questions that will be positive for them such as, “What can I do to exceed your expectations in this role?”
• Be Positive, energetic, and excited for this position.