Date Posted: 7/30/2020 3:36:26 PM
Location: Tilton, NH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $100,000 - $110,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Engineering Manager positions with a technology leader in the design and production of solar-powered aviation lighting equipment. Our client’s products include, but are not limited to, Runway Lights, Airfield Lighting/Airport Lighting, Obstruction Lights, Helipad Lights, Airfields and Helipad Monitoring and Control systems, PAPI Lights, REIL Lights, Aviation Solar Power systems, and Aviation Lighting accessories. The company has a proven reputation for aviation lighting systems specifically designed for defense, government, civil, and humanitarian aid operations in the most remote, toughest environments.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for planning, managing, and monitoring engineering functions; plus overseeing various engineering projects, processes, budgets, and timelines making any necessary adjustments in order to ensure successful completion. Responsibilities will include:
• Create detailed engineering plans, processes, and procedures for engineering staff to use and abide by.
• Propose and oversee budgets and timelines for engineering projects.
• Check and confirm the accuracy of the work performed and the methods used by engineering staff.
• Conduct various tests and quality assurance checks to verify the quality of completed projects.
• Spearhead research and development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects.
• Communicate and collaborate with other managers, customers, suppliers, and contractors.
• Prepare and deliver various engineering-related presentations, both internally and externally.
• Confirm system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods.
• Develop products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
• Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
• Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
• Prepare product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Location: Tilton, NH
Salary: $100,000 to 110,000
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Travel: <30% overnight; option for international is there with offices in Australia and Singapore
Benefits: Our client has one of the strongest medical and dental plans out there. A single employee will pay $50/month as their medical premium, the rest is covered by the company. For married individuals it’s $100/month, and for those with a family, it’s $150/month. That’s it. Dental is free, vision is free, short-term and long-term injury insurance is covered, and you have a 2% match on your 401K. In addition, for those employees moving to the home office in New Hampshire, the company offers a fully company-owned and furnished condo for the employee and their family to utilize while looking for a new home, as well as relocation assistance.
• Ideal candidates for this position will have an engineering or technical degree with a solid understanding of electrical engineering concepts.
• This is a technical leadership role, so strong leadership skills, communications skills, and relatable traits are also required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering/technical field and experience in a technical environment.
• At least 5 years’ experience in technical leadership.
• Experience working in a fast paced, innovative environment.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, Solidworks, AutoCAD.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to think outside the box and think for themselves where needed.