Date Posted: 9/16/2020 4:10:37 PM
Location: Chagrin Falls, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $30 - $32
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service Technician position.
Benefits: Our client provides a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, vision, STD, LTD and more. Additional benefits can be discussed later in the interview process.
Position Description: Field Service Technician
Our client is looking for a motivated electromechanical technician and customer service professional to join their team as a Field Service Technician. The Field Service Technician will provide superior customer service as they troubleshoot equipment and deliver solutions. Working at our customers' facilities, our service technicians are responsible for preventive maintenance, service, installation, and customer training to ensure customer satisfaction.
Location: Chagrin Falls, OH (can live near Cincinnati, Cleveland, Detroit airports)
Travel Requirements: This is a high travel role. You will be on the road most weeks from Monday – Thursday or Friday, and home for most weekends. Big installs could go over a weekend, but that is rare.
*Due to travel restrictions with COVID, you can opt to drive vs. fly if you’re more comfortable.
Pay: Target first year compensation is $80 - $85K+ If you want to volunteer for more work you can get over $100k!
*This is made up of a starting hourly wage of $28-$32/hr + Overtime + $54/day per diem when on service calls. Saturday pays 1.5x and Sunday 2x hourly rate.
Essential duties include:
• Develop and demonstrate a working knowledge of all products and parts, assembly processes and test equipment
• Develop an understanding of field service procedures, analysis and safety
• Travel to customer sites, domestic and international
• Install, assist in the installation and or troubleshoot problems relating to new or existing equipment on all product lines to determine acceptable standards of performance
• Conduct Training of customers on the repair and/or maintenance of new or existing products
• Exhibit a positive, professional image and attitude to all customers and site visitors
• Assist in taking customer service calls, and relay troubleshooting instructions over the phone while in-house
• Provide top tier customer service and expert technical service to customers
Requirements: Our client is looking for expert electromechanical technicians with outstanding customer service skills to join their service team. Candidates must have a working knowledge of electrical components as well as a strong electronics background and mechanical aptitude. You must be proficient in the use of schematics or blueprints for electrical and mechanical applications. A valid driver’s license and a valid passport – or the ability to obtain a valid passport is required.