Date Posted: 10/22/2021 3:22:18 PM
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $56,160 - $57,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Production Technician
Location: Branchburg, NJ
Pay: $27/hr plus bonus | $1.50 shift diff. for nightshift
Benefits: Offers benefits plan for employees and their dependents regarding medical, dental, vision, etc. They offer a significant 401k match program, generous time off, additional options for further education and more. This is a company where making your mark is required, and they will offer you the tools and resources needed to do so.
Schedule: The 2-2 3-2 2-3 rotating shift schedule uses 4 teams (crews) and 2 twelve-hour shifts to provide 24/7 coverage. The current openings are the evening schedule (7p-7a). The great thing about a rotating shift schedule is that you only work 14 or 15 days per month but get paid more than a normal 40 hour per week M-F job. You will have a long weekend every other week.
Position Description: The Production Technician operates ALAM’s chemical processes and performs production related activities, utilizing their technical experience/proficiency to operate and troubleshoot the plant in a safe manner. Ideal candidates for this position will have a strong mechanical aptitude, and be well versed in the usage, storage, and inspection of Hazardous Materials. Anyone with fuels/oil/etc. testing would be a great fit here.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drives a culture of “Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time” with your actions and words daily.
• Safely and efficiently operates their assigned processes to meet the day-to-day quality, production, and productivity goals of ALAM
• Works with other Technicians and Engineers to ensure that the work is done correctly the first time
• Participate in monthly safety meetings and promote a safe work environment
• Develops work instructions or provides feedback on improving the work instructions
• Review and updates the SOPs and Learning Resources
• Able to specify parts and equipment for building an experimental set-up
• Able to assemble equipment and build equipment skids
• Participate in hazard analysis of a proposed experimental system
• Document experimental observations and able to do simple mass balance calculations
• 2+ years’ experience in mechanical troubleshooting and repair/operation
• 2+ years’ experience/familiarity handling HAZMAT
• Strong communication skills
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Familiar with P&IDs, BOM’s, and other engineering documentation
• Ability to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to interact effectively with others to accomplish daily tasks and achieve the plant's goals
• Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business
• Ability to perform technical troubleshooting to resolve process issue