Date Posted: 12/21/2020 10:37:36 AM
Location: Fremont, OH
Job Type: Full Time
Salary (USD): $23 - $29
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Technician positions with a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal care, and other products. Our client works with leading companies around the world to protect its products and the people who rely on them, differentiate brands, and improve value chains through a range of flexible and rigid packaging, specialty cartons, closures, and services.
Location: Fremont, OH (~30 minutes southeast of Toledo metro and ~75 minutes west of Cleveland metro)
Pay: $22.53-$28.55/hr. starting base rate, depending on skillsets and experience + O/T + shift premium ($0.50/hr) + relocation sign-on bonus for non-local candidates + up to 5% quarterly bonus based on performance/profitability of the plant. Total Realistic 1st Yr. $70K-$85K
Shift: 12-hour night shifts working a 2-on, 2-off, 3-on, 2-off, 2-on, 3-off repeating schedule. Basically, you’ll work 48-hours one week & 36-hours the next on a bi-weekly schedule. You will likely train on days for the first 2-3 months.
Benefits: Our client offers an unmatched, wide-ranging, and complete benefits package including comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs, insurance, training & education tuition, retention bonus, and more making the company a great place to work!
Career Progression: You will have the opportunity to perform and grow with an outstanding company. Our client selects outstanding performing technicians for lead technician roles and eventually key maintenance leadership positions, which provide you an outstanding opportunity to promote into Supervisor in 3-5+ years and eventually Maintenance Manager & beyond.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will perform maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of all plant production machinery and equipment for smooth operation, production, and safe working conditions. Responsibilities will include:
• Provide daily maintenance for the plant, safely performing all preventative (PM) maintenance functions.
• Perform equipment & systems maintenance to help prevent downtime and equipment/plant deterioration.
• Perform work assignments on projects for continued growth, expansion, and safe plant working environment.
• Disassemble, clean, and reassemble production machinery.
• Assist machine operators to minimize downtime and complete scheduled cleaning or changeovers of equipment.
• Work with outside contractor to perform installation or service of equipment within the facility.
• Comply with lean 5S methods and Continuous Improvement (CI) initiatives.
• Follow all plant & department specific safety rules, procedures, and programs, and local/national codes.
• Best candidates for these roles are experienced and well-rounded systems technicians who have excellent troubleshooting and repair experience.
• Proven troubleshooting skills and experience fixing equipment malfunctions with outstanding ability to support and solve complex maintenance problems and issues.
• Be willing to share skills to help others develop, possess excellent attention to detail, decision-making, and communication skills, and be committed to providing a high level of detail and pride towards system & equipment maintenance work, projects, and programs with a focus on safe operations.